Always And Forever

When I wake, my body is being dragged into St. Anne's church by two unfamiliar men, Genevieve and Monique Deveraux following closely behind me. The other Harvest girl, Abigail, is already waiting for them and I fight with everything I have. There are a pair of handcuffs on my wrists with strange markings on them.

"Let go of me," I demand, trying to use my magic, but the handcuffs seem to be cutting off my magic. Suddenly, there's a pain in my womb and I immediately know what's going on. The contractions are starting. Letting out a groan, I try to get out of the men's hands, but it's no use.

"Get her down on the floor," Genevieve tells the men.

"We should take her to the City of the Dead," Monique says.

"We won't make it," Genevieve says, "the baby is coming now."

"No, it's too soon," I whimper as the men place me on the steps, Abigail on my right holding my arms down. Another contraction hits me and there is no hope of me concealing it.

"Apparently not," Genevieve starts to walk towards me, but Monique holds her back.

"The plan was to induce her when the sacrifice was ready," the bitch says.

"I had to subdue her and the trauma caused a placental abruption," Genevieve snaps at her, "so the baby is coming and we'll just have to adapt."

"Ah, let me go," I scream as Genevieve kneels in front of me.

"You need to be calm, Cordelia," she tells me.

"Why are you doing this to me," I ask her and she just looks at me with sympathy.

"To be reborn, we must sacrifice," Monique answers my question vaguely.

"What the hell does that mean, you psychotic, little bitch," I scream at her.

"The ancestors demand an offering in exchange for power," Genevieve attempts to calm me with her vile words.

"And your child will be a fine offering," Monique adds.

"No," I hiss at them, "you will not take my baby. I will kill all of you!"

"No, you won't," Monique spits, "and neither will Klaus or Elijah. When your baby is born, we will offer it up to those who came before us."

"I'm sorry, Cordelia, but this is the way it had to be," Genevieve says to me.

"No," I scream, writhing in pain, but also to get out of their hands. Genevieve stands to her feet and uses her magic to levitate me onto the table at the front of the alter. When I feel my body press against the table, I try with all my might to break the chain between the handcuffs.

"Cordelia, there is no time," Genevieve says, "you have to push now!" Just then, I break free of the handcuffs and grab the bitch by her throat. While attempting to squeeze the life out of her, I don't realize that Monique has her hands focused on me. I feel all my strength drain out and my hands fly to my sides. "Keep her restrained," Genevieve chokes out while trying to control her breathing. Whether I want to or not, my body starts to push the baby out of my body, my screams echoing off the church walls. This can't be happening. I'm not about to deliver my baby in a church filled with witch bitches. Genevieve has the nerve to put her hands on me again and I snap.

"Let go of me, you bitch," I shout.

"You have to keep calm and continue to push," she ignores me. I don't have a choice. I have to do as she says. I push with all my might, screaming until there's nothing left in me. I decide to take my mind out of the present events and think about something else—a memory that happened a couple days ago.