To Sit Upon A Throne

The witches wouldn't let me go with Elijah because they didn't want to make any mistakes. I couldn't believe it. There wasn't one Original in town, there were three. Klaus and Gwen were somewhere in the city, Elijah was looking for them. I'm sitting in my tomb, waiting for Elijah to return with Klaus. He had left an hour ago, which let me absorb all the information Elijah had told me earlier. Kol and Carol dead, Elena a vampire with no humanity, Jeremy one of the Five, a cure for vampirism. I guess a lot really could change in four months. If I remember correctly, high school graduation is just around the corner. Sabine, one of the witches, comes in my tomb and smiles.

"They're here," she says. I get up and follow her out of the tomb.

"Klaus will not be easily persuaded," I say to her.

"That's why it's your job to make sure he is," Sabine says, leading me to the tomb I was in earlier with Elijah. Inside, I see Sophie, Elijah, and Klaus.

"Elijah, what madness is this," Klaus demands as I walk in.

"Klaus," I say, my voice clear and loud, "you need to listen to them." Klaus's face drops in surprise when he sees me.

"Cordelia," Klaus says under his breath. Then he starts laughing. "You're all out of your minds if you think conjuring up some ghost of a dead hybrid means a thing to me," Klaus yells.

"Niklaus," Elijah yells, "she's really here. If you hadn't been so arrogant to think she was dead, she could've been with us in Mystic Falls months ago."

"You expect me to believe that these witches kidnapped her, brought her here, and held her captive for four months," Klaus asks.

"What do you want me to say," I demand, "that I ran from you before you decided to use me to make more hybrids? Klaus, I didn't want to be here for four months, whether you believe it or not."

"Marcel may be able to keep us from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance, we still know when nature has cooked up something new," Sophie says, "for example, I have a special gift of sensing when a girl is pregnant."

Klaus stays silent for a moment before he asks, "what?"

"We were stupid and reckless that night Klaus," I say to him. He turns to me, fear on his face.

"What are you saying," Klaus asks.

"Niklaus," Elijah says, "Cordelia is carrying your child."

Klaus goes into denial; it doesn't take an expert to see it. "No," Klaus says, shaking his head, "it's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate!"

"But werewolves can," Sophie says, "magic made you vampires, but you were both born werewolves. You're both the Original hybrids, the first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." Klaus stays silent before he whirls on me, anger in his face.

"You've been with someone else, admit it," Klaus yells. Elijah steps between us, but I push my way past him.

"Hey," I yell, "I've spent four months held captive in this cemetery because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby! Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?"

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy," Sophie says, "because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice the lives of Cordelia and her baby are now controlled by us. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Cordelia won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

"Wait, what," I demand.

"Enough of this," Elijah says, "If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself."