The Return of an Old Enemy

It's been three months since Davina's death and I don't feel any better. Her death weighs on me like a boulder. I've stayed in my room at the compound, only leaving to get food and blood. Klaus, Elijah, Gwen, and Rebekah had tried to talk to me, but I've ignored them. Marcel was the only one who understood what I was going through. It's why he never came to see me. I know I have to get out of my room eventually, but I can't. Davina wasn't just like my own daughter, she was my daughter. She was so full of life, of light. She never judged me for what I was and I never judged her for what she was. We were inseparable. One month ago, the baby pulled the same stunt she pulled the night Marcel's nightwalkers followed Klaus and I home. It was more intense this time and even Marcel is starting to worry. I'm standing on the balcony of my room when I hear my phone ring. I walk in and grab it off my bed, expecting to see Klaus or Elijah or even Gwen's name. Instead, I see Damon's.

"Hello," I answer the phone.

"Get your ass to Mystic Falls," Damon shouts.

"Excuse me," I ask.

"The wicked witch is dying," he exclaims.

"'The wicked witch'," I repeat his psychotic words.

"Katherine Pierce," Damon clarifies, "she's dying!"

"How," I ask.

"Elena shoved the cure in her mouth after you left the graduation ceremony," he answers, "her 500 years have been catching up to her. She had a heart attack."

"Katherine Pierce is dying," I ask again.

"Yes Cecily," Damon exclaims, "now come drag your ass to Mystic Falls so you can send her off yourself."

"And I'm supposed to just leave New Orleans," I ask him.

"Bring Klaus and Rebekah too," Damon says, "everyone should be able to see her slowly decaying body!"

I sigh, "Fine, we'll be there."

"See you tomorrow," Damon says, hanging up the phone. I put the phone into my back pocket before slipping on shoes. I walk out of my room and look down the hall. Both ways are clear of vampires. I make my way over to the stairs and find Elijah sitting on one of the benches, reading. Klaus is sitting across from him, doing the same thing. I walk down the stairs loud enough that it catches both of their attentions.

"Cordelia," Elijah says, putting his book down.

I sigh, "Damon just called me. Katherine is dying."

"Katerina Petrova," Klaus asks.

I nod, "apparently, Elena force fed Katherine the cure. Her 500 years are coming back to her. She had a heart attack."

Elijah sighs, "And so the Salvatores want you back in Mystic Falls to witness her death?"

"It would seem only right," I say, "she lied to me about who turned me. She tortured me and tried to kill me."

"I know," Klaus says, "it's just that you've already seen someone die, someone very close to you."

"Katherine is not someone I care about," I hiss, "I would gladly have her death come by my hands."

Elijah sighs, "Well then you had better get to Mystic Falls before her heart stops beating."

I stare at him, "are you serious?"

Elijah nods, "Katherine was the most influential person in your life whether you want to admit it or not. It seems only right that you're there when she passes."

"I think I'll join you," Klaus says, "it would be nice to finally know that she's dead."

"What about you," I ask Elijah.