Memory

No one's pov:

The tv is turned on the news comes on. "Harvey Penn was released recently from him prison after 6 years of false imprisonment, his family will finally be welcomed back into the city."

Laney sits up from the couch. "Holy crap, my dad!"

Corey gets up. "Oh fuck, it is him!"

She turns off the tv. "We need to tell my mom."

Laney's pov:

"Corey, we need to get back to Peaceville now!" I shriek.

"One step ahead of you," he says as he shakes the car keys in his hands.

I pull out my phone and dial my mom's number. "Mom, did you see the news?" I ask as I get into the car.

"Of course I did! I'm already on my way back to Peaceville."

Corey speeds up and in an hour we arrive at our destination.

I see my dad sitting on the bench in front of the police department with mom in his arms.

"Dad!"

His eyes meet mine and I run over to him.

"Laney! You've grown so big!" He turns his gaze to Corey. "Are you dating my daughter now?"

"Dadddd!"

"I am, Mr Penn. Do you approve?"

I glare at Corey and he gives me a sheepish look. It wasn't made official yet.

"Of course I do!"

A police comes out of the building and informs us about Trina being tracked down in LA. She was recently locked up and taken into a mental asylum. Turns out her alter did all sorts of stuff.

My parents leave to go back to Joyville, leaving me and Corey time to talk.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Corey asks with a worried look. "Her alter has been going against her for the longest time. I mean, we don't even know the cause of her D.I.D. (double identity disorder)!"

I bring him in for a hug. "It's alright Corey, they'll get her proper help soon."

"Do you want to visit her?" The police officer asks.

"Yeah, I need to go check up on her."

She pulls out a clipboard and asks Corey a bunch of questions.

"I'm her brother," he says.

"Okay, would tomorrow at around lunch be okay? You can go visit her around that time."

Corey nods. "Wait, can I bring my girlfriend with me? I'm kind of scared to go in myself. Maybe having her with me will be easier."

My face burns up at the "girlfriend" comment.

"Yeah, I guess maybe two people can be in," the police officer states.

She turns around and leaves.

"Where will we stay at this point?" I ask. "I think it'll be tedious to be driving back and forth."

"To the garage!" Corey exclaims, mocking his old ways of saying it. He laughs and we get into his car.

"I'm finally home," I whisper.