Chapter Fourteen

I wake up the next morning in Hayes's arms. I turn over and look at the clock, 9:30. I should probably head back over. I turn towards Hayes and see he's still fast asleep. I slowly slip out of his grasp trying not to wake him. I grab my now dry clothes and change back into them in his bathroom. When I walk back out Hayes is getting out of bed.

"Mornin' sleepy head" I say.

"Morning beautiful. At first I thought you already left." He says.

"Not yet but I was about to."

"Without telling me goodbye?"

"Well, I didn't want to wake you."

"I wouldn't have mined."

"I didn't know that."

"Well, now you do." We both laugh. I go over to him and give him a kiss.

"Thanks for helping me through last night." I say sitting down next to him on the bed.

"Of course! I'm so sorry." He says wrapping his arms around me.

"Me too." I say leaning into him. We sit like that in silence for a couple minutes.

"Do you know when the funeral is?"

"No but Ill let you know as soon as I find out"

"Okay."

"I should probably get home."

"Okay. If you need anything let me know." He kisses me on top of my head.

"I will." I hug and kiss him bye and go out the window to my room.

I walk into the kitchen and fix myself some scrambled eggs for breakfast. I go into the living room and watch Once Upon A Time while I eat. Matt comes down the stairs and sits down next to me on the couch.

"So i went into your room late last night to checkup on you and you weren't there and your window was open." He says. I automatically stop eating. "I know you went next door and I know you didn't go to see Kayla." I gulp. "I wont tell mom and dad because A) I know how hard it was on you last night and B) I trust you and I know you would never do what you know I'm talking about." I do know what he's talking about.

"Thank you Matt." I set my plate down next to me and give him a hug.

"Your welcome." He hugs me back.

"Good morning guys." My mom says coming down the stairs with my dad.

"Mornin." Matt and I say at the same time.

"Go and get dressed guys. Were going to your nana's house to plan out your papa's funeral and to check up on her of course." My dad says.

"Okay." We say and go upstairs. I throw on a shirt and some shorts and put my hair in a pony tail. I don't really care how I look since I'm only going over to my nana's house and who knows how much Im going to cry. I go down stairs and see everyone sitting on the couch talking.

"Ready to go?" My dad asks when he sees me.

"Yep." I say. We get in the car and go to my nana's.

*Skip funeral planning process*

I text Hayes and tell him that the funeral will be at noon next Sunday and his wake is at 5 on Saturday and that his family is invited since they knew him.

*Saturday*

I wake up around noon, get dressed and go downstairs to eat. I decide that since the wake isn't until 5 and we don't have to be there until 4 to set up to go next door and spend about 3 hours over there to kill time. I text Hayes and make sure they're home then tell my parents where I'm going.

I walk next door and walk in. "Honey I'm home" I say as I close the door behind me.

"Upstairs" Kayla and Hayes say at the same time. I laugh. Sky comes running down the stairs to me.

"Lexie!!!!" She screams and runs to me. I pick her up mid run and swing her around in a hug.

"Hey Sky!" I say. I walk upstairs with her on my hip. I set her down at the top of the stairs and she runs off to Nash's room. I walk to Hayes room. "I guess Sky is the only one in the house that loves me enough to meet me at the door." I say leaning against the door frame.

"Hey babe, sorry, I was busy." He says.

"Yeah busy playing COD." I laugh and sit on his lap and kiss his cheek. He pauses his game and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Sorry babe."

"Its okay." I wrap my arms around his neck and lay my head on his shoulder.

"How are you doing this morning."

"Eh." I shrug. "Not as bad as last week." he chuckles.

"Well thats good." We sit like that for a few minutes in comfortable silence until Kayla comes in and interrupts.

"No hello for me?" Kayla says.

"Nope." Hayes says wrapping his ams around me tighter.

"Sorry Kay." I say wiggling my way out of Hayes's arms. Once I get out I go over to Kayla and give her a hug.

"Want to come hang out in my room and leave Hayes to his game?" She asks.

"Sure." I reply.

"No baby! Don't leave me." He wines.

"I have to spend some time with my best friend and you will be to busy playing video games." I say. He groans.

"No I won't!" He says.

"I'm going to hang out in Kayla's room if you want to come, come, but don't worry I'll tell you bye before I leave." He does a puppy dog face. "I'm not falling for that." I say and Kayla drags me out of the room before I can fall for it.

"Baby come back!" We hear him yell. We giggle and go into her room. We talk about stuff going on in school and other things until 3 and I have to leave. I go give Hayes a hug and kiss bye and tell Nash and Sky bye. "I didn't even know you were here." Nash says.

"Seriously! You didn't hear anything? I've been here for about three hours and we were really loud." I say.

"Sorry, didn't hear anything I was listening to my music." He replies.

"Wow. It must have been really loud." I say. "Well I've got to go and get ready for the wake."

"Okay. See ya in a couple hours."

"See ya." I say walking out of his room and going back to my house to get ready. I put on a light blue dress that has lace at the top and white lace heels. I go into the bathroom and put on light blue eyeshadow to match my dress, a thin like of eyeliner, mascara, and a clear lip gloss. I straighten my hair and go down stairs and we head to the funeral home to set up and go to the wake.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated. I've been busy....again. Same excuses. I know. This up coming week is my last week of school that I have a church camp right after but other than that I have nothing else planned for this summer so I should hopefully be updating more often. Thank y'all so much for reading!
Love, Alex