Chapter Two

Avery and I walk into History our first period class. We have every class together so we don't really separate during the school day. When I walk in I see Hayes and Makenzie Wilson talking.

Makenzie is one of the most popular girls in 9th grade she is the captain of the 9th grade cheer squad she's always around him and flirting with him too. Kayla is always saying how much of a bitch she is and that she's a snotty little spoiled brat. She isn't wrong. Me and Hayes have been going to school with her since kindergarten so we've known her for a long time. She used to be nice, than 4th grade hit and that's when popularity became a priority. Hayes kind of mixes in with that group considering he is the quarter back of the JV football team, but he's never been rude and stuck up about it. He's one of the nicer guys out of that group. On top of being the quarter back he is a very famous viner/ youtuber. After football season is over him and Nash travel to meet all of their fans around the country. So does Matt considering he's one too. So those boys that I hang around with on a daily basis are famous. I've appeared in some of the guys videos but I've never really been considered popular. Yes I have a lot of friends but every time Hayes, or Nash, or Matt are with their group of popular friends and I'm around I always feel out of place, so I go find Kayla or one of the other girls to hang out with. Not like the guys notice I'm gone, their always too busy with their "popular" friends.

I can't help but get jealous every time they are around each other. I mean Mackenzie is really pretty, she doesn't have the nicest personality but she makes up for it with her looks. Everyone expects her and Hayes to go out since he is the quarterback and a big celebrity and she is the head cheerleader so of course everyone thinks they should date. Well everyone but me and Kayla and our little group.

I sit down in my seat next to Avery's. And soon the bell rings for class to start.

*********
*End of third period*

I walk with Avery to choir. We find Kayla and the other girls and sit down next to them. Shawn walks through the door. We still have five minutes until the bell rings for class to start this would be the perfect time for Kayla to go talk to him. I nudge her in the side.

"What?" She asks.

"Shawn just walked through the door." I tell her.

"You think I don't know that?"

"I know you know that. I was thinking since we still have about five minutes until the bell you should go and talk to him." The other girls nod in agreement.

She rolls her eyes. "Fine." She says. She walks over.

Kayla's POV

I walk over to Shawn and his group of friends. I wait nervously until he's done talking.

He turns towards me. He must have seen me out of the corner of his eye. Shit! I was hoping he wouldn't notice me so I could get out of this. "Hey Kayla!" He says. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing really." I reply nervously. "I was thinking we could talk before the bell rings since we don't talk much."

"Sure." He says as he pulls me to the side

"I didn't interrupt you with your friends did I?"

"No you didn't we just got done anyways." He says.

"Good." I say.

"So what you been up to lately?"

"Noting really just hanging out with friends. Taking care of the siblings. Worrying about school. You know, the usual. What about you?"

"Same here. I've also been focusing a lot on my music." Shawn is starting to write his own songs. He does a lot of covers on vine and YouTube too. He tours with Nash, Hayes, Matt, and a bunch of other guys.

"That's cool." I say. We stand in awkward silence. "Well I guess I'll let you get back to your friends." I say to break the silence.

"Ok, well it was nice talking to you."

"It was nice talking to you too! Bye."

"Bye." He says. I turn and walk back to the girls.

"So?" Brianna asks

"So what?" I say

"How did it go? What did you and him talk about?" Avery says.

"Oh, it went well." I said. And I told them the conversation.

"So it sounds like it went pretty well." Lexie says.

"Yeah." I say as the bell rings for class to start.