ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕔𝕠𝕟 𝕄𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝔸 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥!

Word Count : 1668 words

"Hey, that's someone right there!" Fuutaro yelled, and he pointed towards a tuft of pink hair bobbing in through the crowd. "I don't know who though, because you're all carbon copies, with no originality."

That was a pretty sick roast, you had to admit. Nino looked like she was going to blast at Fuutaro.

Maybe this was the effect of staying with you for too long. You had a very adverse effect on people. You wouldn't be surprised if Fuutaro dropped from the Leaderboard of his school in a while.

"That's Ichika!" Nino huffed. "Damn it, why isn't she picking up the phone....."

Oh.

You remembered now.

Today was the day Ichika had her audition on some part in a movie. You remember her telling you once, about how excited she was for this, and how she was dead-set on somehow getting this role.

You at first didn't pay much attention to it, but now you realized that the audition day and the festival day coincide. Tch, stupid coincidences.

Fuutaro ran down the staircase to go and fetch Ichika, and you stayed up with Nino. Well, there wasn't any point in you going along with him. Besides, Nino wasn't gonna let you along with the 'stalker' anyways.

You watched the fireworks from behind Nino, and occasionally buried your head in her yukata when it got too loud or bright.

"Phew, I can't believe they're all lost in here....." Nino said sadly. "This happens once in a year, and we still managed to mess everything up....."

Nino bit her lips harshly, and tears threatened to fall out of her eyes. "We..... we haven't been spending much time with each other lately, as sisters....."

You stared up at the second sister.

You didn't like this.

You didn't like watching your sisters go through pain.

You've never liked it, you still don't like it, and you'll never like it.

To you, they were your role models. Not your Mom. They were the ones who raised you, along with Dad. They were the ones who always cared for you, always helped you with everything, always kept you happy.

You wanted to do everything you could for them.

You slowly hugged Nino from behind, even though you didn't really reach anywhere above her stomach. Nino looked at you with puffy eyes.

"It's okay, they'll be here....."

You murmured quietly, but Nino heard it. She let out a choked laugh, and picked you up like she usually does, squeezing you in the process.

"D-don't worry, (F/N)! I'm not sad!" Nino said half-cheerfully. "I've g-got you with me!"

"You don't have to pretend to be fine....." you said slowly, and Nino quietened down. "It's okay to not be okay, you know?"

Nino seemed to take your words to heart, and she hugged you even tighter.

"I can't believe you're only five years old....." Nino muttered, and she caressed your hair lovingly. "You give better advice than most people out there....."

"That's because I'm awesome."

"I know that," Nino laughed, and she stared at the fireworks above. "Maybe it's because we've watched it happen together every year, that it feels wrong to not watch it this year. Maybe I should be the one to move on from all this. Everyone else seems to have already found something they want to do, but I'm still stuck in the past."