ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟛.𝟝 (𝔹𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤)

Word Count : 1581 words 

"Alright girls, let's go to the hospital. Your mother is feeling much better," Maruo Nakano said, and he ushered the quintuplets into a limousine. "Let's go and surprise her."

"Yay!"

The girls squealed in excitement, and hopped into their step-father's car. They still weren't used to the exquisite tastes and refined rich life, and they stared out of the car window in awe, as it zoomed through the streets towards the hospital.

"Why was Mommy in the hospital, Papa?" Nino was the one to ask this. Maruo sighed.

"Don't worry about a thing, it was just a routine check-up for your Mommy."

Nino was satisfied with the answer, and she went back to staring out of the window. The five sisters marveled at the scenery whishing past.

Maruo smiled internally as he watched the happy faces of the girls.

'They'll be so much more surprised when they reach the hospital.....'

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

"Dr. Nakano, your wife is ready to see you," the nurse informed her superior, and she curiously glanced at the five identical sisters behind him.

"Thank you."

A curt nod from Maruo, and he headed into the hospital room. He was the head of this hospital anyways, so he could walk in and out anytime he liked. The hospital smell was quite strong, and the five sisters did not like that smell one bit. Especially Itsuki. She was afraid of needles, syringes and anything hospital-related.

The room was indeed very fancy. A spacious room with a large bed, a television, sofas and a view of the outside. The quints were awestruck by the interior décor.

Their eyes landed on their beautiful mother, who was smiling at them from the bed. Immediately, the five angels surrounded her, excited to finally see their mother after so long.

"Mama!"

The five sisters hopped excitedly around their mother, seeing her after so long. Mrs. Rena Nakano was an extraordinarily beautiful woman, with flaming red hair and a stern, serious but loving expression. As a teacher, she was the dream of most high school teenagers.

"Hmm?"

The sisters noticed an anomaly in the room, and crowded around a little cradle that they hadn't noticed before. Initially skeptical of the strange piece of furniture, their curiosity got the better of them, and they peeked in after seeking permission from their mother.

They widened their eyes at what they saw.

A small baby, with dark red hair wrapped in a cloth, was sleeping peacefully in the middle of it all. He was comically sucking on his finger in his sleep, and completely ignored the five pairs of surprised eyes boring holes into him.

"Mama.....?"

Yotsuba turned around with a question mark above her head, as though demanding an explanation. She was followed by her four other siblings.

"Welcome him to the world, sweetie. He's your baby half-brother," Rena said warmly.

The sisters took a while to process the statement.

Their gazes fell upon their foster-father, who gave them a small curt smile, signaling to the more important person in the room. They peered at their baby brother, who was sleeping through all the ruckus in the room.

"He's so small....." Ichika whispered lightly, and she held out her pinky finger towards the child. She poked his cheek lightly, and he made an annoyed gurgling sound in his sleep, earning squeals from his five onee-sans.