Chapter One

A/N: I told myself if the summary got at least one vote and one comment, I would update the first chapter. It did, so here we are 😩

Seokjin's Pov:

"We are having a baby." As I gazed at the picture of my spouse sitting on the nightstand next to our bed, I couldn't help but let out a joyful cry. "I learned today that we are eight weeks along in our pregnancy. There are still thirty-two to go. I am both thrilled and depressed at the same time. This adventure was intended to be one that we took together. Now that it's too late, I can't help but question whether I made the correct decision.

Do you believe they will be upset with me if they learn that I made this decision without you being here? These are the thoughts that keep coming to my mind. I think about you all the time. I had a job interview today, which did not go well; I have never had to work a day in my life because of you. I don't want to continue to use the money that we have saved up either. What should I do?"

As these thoughts continue to swirl about in my brain, I give in to exhaustion and roll over onto my bed. I had my doubts that the insemination would be successful. I hoped that it would, but at the same time, I had my reservations about it. My parents felt it was a horrible idea, and my husband's parents believed that I was doing it to claim more of his assets that they had taken from me.

I swore to myself that I would never be able to comprehend why people would believe that I married him for his money, stayed with him even after he was diagnosed with cancer, and took care of him even though they didn't give a crap about him. Yet, I was taking advantage of him. How did that make sense?

As soon as he passed away, they immediately contacted their attorneys and seized almost everything that ought to have been left to me. I was too preoccupied with mourning my husband's death to put up a battle against them for any of it, and to tell you the truth, I didn't give a damn about it. It would be pointless if Yoongi weren't by my side. On the other hand, given that I am pregnant at the moment, I am experiencing a lot of anxiety about how I will raise our child.

We had some money in savings, which happily was in my name. The amount is not small, but it is likely to be depleted with time. I have been trying to cut down on my expenditures and become more conscientious, but it's been challenging. I love going shopping. It's like therapy for me. My husband was aware of this fact about me, but he never seemed upset by it. After we were married, he informed me that I didn't have to work if I didn't want to, and I ended up not doing so. Having said that, I did end up going to college and earning a degree in liberal arts. I hadn't given any thought to a career path. So now that I'm thinking about a future profession, it's challenging.

My friend told me that his husband may be able to get me a job at the firm that he owns, but since his husband doesn't like me very much, I don't think I'll take him up on the offer. His husband blames me for his frequent absences from the house to go shopping. This is only true to a certain extent. It is not possible for me to coerce someone into going somewhere they do not want to go. Both Hoseok and I have a passion for going shopping.

My perfect job would be one that I could do from the comfort of my own home, and I have often wished that such a position existed for me. Although Hoseok appears to believe I should follow in his footsteps and become a teacher so that I may have free time during the summer and on holidays, I have decided that this is not the career path for me. I want a job that doesn't need much effort. I don't want to work at all, but it seems likely that I will have to if I have a child.

******

Min-hyuk stared at the piece of paper in front of him for a while before turning to face his husband and asking, "Jungkook, is this some kind of joke?"