Chapter Ten

Seokjin's Pov:

I turned over onto my back and kicked my feet in response to the persistent ringing of the doorbell. I toss the blanket to the side and look at the clock next to my bed, wondering who could have possibly woken me up at such an awful hour. It's close to four o'clock in the morning.

I had a hard time getting out of bed, but once I did, I made my way to the front door and disarmed the security system there before opening the door. The annoyed expression that formed on my face when I saw him, there was nothing I could do to hide it.

"Oh, you are at home."

"Excuse me?" I massaged my eyes and leaned against the door while I tried to determine whether or not he was being serious.

"I've been calling you since I arrived from my trip but didn't hear back, so I came by to see if you were home."

He's not for real! "I was sleeping. My phone is turned off."

"Why would you turn off your phone?"

"Because it's my phone, and I pay for it. Anyway, you came, you saw, I am fine. Goodnight." I try to close the door by pushing it, but he blocks it before I can.

"Your communication is poor, Seokjin. I suggest you work on that. Did you sign the agreement?"

I drew a long breath and said, "Jungkook, if I signed it wouldn't you be aware?"

"Why haven't you signed it?"

"Because there's no reason for me to sign. If I sign, it will be for you to have power over my life or treat me like a business transaction like you do everything else within your life. By the way, I have something that I would like to give to you. Hold on just a second." I turned my back on the door and walked away before entering my room, which is where I kept the envelope I had for him.

Upon retrieving it and making my way back to him, I found him inside my house with the door closed, standing with his back against it. He seemed to be more worn out than I was, and judging by the Dior suit he was wearing, I doubt that he went home once the plane landed. He is insane.

"What do you have for me?" he inquired, staring at me.

I handed him the envelope and smiled as I told him, "read it."

He took the envelope from my hand and opened it. He crumpled the paper within a minute of reading and adjusted his posture. "Seokjin-"

"Jungkook, I may not be a billionaire like you are, but I want you to know that you are not the only one with connections to people in high places. You can't just go about telling me what to do and then act like the rules don't apply to you as well. Further, given that I am expecting, don't you think it's reasonable that you keep me informed in advance about the many business trips that you keep taking?

What will you do if the babies or I get sick? How necessary are the trips that you are preparing to take right now? You might want to discuss your plans before going on another trip with me so that I can verify the importance.

If we are going to be married, I would like to know where you are at all times, particularly anytime you are more than fifty miles away from the area where we plan to live once we move in together.

Although I have not yet put my signature on the agreement you and your attorney have sent to me. I have spent the past two days reading it carefully and developing my own agreement, which I have now merged with some of the conditions in your agreement to form a single agreement. After your review and signing, I will sign as well."