Chapter Nine

Seokjin's Pov:

The fact that this man dared to approach me with a business proposal left me speechless. I think he considers this to be a merger and acquisition, which is perhaps the correct term for what's happening here. Even though I didn't have much experience in the business world, I got the impression that this was some kind of deal. Don't get me wrong—I love a good deal.

Before dating Yoongi, I benefited a lot from the clearance section and still visit there once in a while if I see something cute from afar. However, that's the only deal I like, not this, like what Mr. CEO was coming up with.

"What are your thoughts? Are you ready to sign the agreement? If we could get this signed today, I would really appreciate it. I am leaving for another trip tomorrow and won't be back until Thursday." He inquired brazenly while fixing his gaze on me. I don't believe he recognized any issues with the things he was requesting.

I had no choice but to recline on my couch since I knew I needed to give my back some rest before responding to him. It's beneficial for my health to be aware that he will be traveling since the fewer instances I am forced to interact with him, the lower my blood pressure will be.

"Mr. Jeon, do you see everything in life as a business transaction?"

"What exactly do you mean?" Of course, he is oblivious; I can't even begin to fathom his ex-husband's struggles because of him, the poor man.

"Since you and the attorney who is always in your pocket worked on the agreement without consulting with me, I don't believe I must explain. Have you considered that the agreement you presented to me only contains the things you desire and does not mention anything related to what I want? However, since I understand that you are anxious to have this document signed, allow me to make that process as simple as possible for you.

The first is that I will not marry you. Even though the absence of a prenuptial agreement piques my interest, I am not a fool. I am expecting five kids with you, and regardless of whether you want to or not, you will have to hand up fifty percent of what is now yours. I know you are not stupid, Mr. CEO, so don't pretend to be."

Did he believe that I needed him or his money so badly that I would settle for anything? Yes, I did want some of his money, but I wasn't in a terrible situation; I still had little funds to live on, and if I sold the house, I would have a little extra money. I believe that the last time I looked, the value of the home was two million dollars, so I had a little bit more to gain.

I could tell he was becoming irritated with me once again since I noticed him move about on the sofa. Because he was so obvious about it, it showed that people didn't say no to him very often.

"Seokjin, you recognize there are great benefits to marrying me, don't you?"

"In all seriousness, what are those benefits, having sex once a month? Wow, I cannot express how much I am looking forward to my prescheduled fuck with you."

His features started to seem stiff, and he developed creases on his forehead; he appeared constipated.

I made up my mind to speak up once more before he got all worked up and blew me away. "Mr. Jeon, I have to tell you that while I will not marry you, I enjoy the thought of the two of us living together. After performing all of that investigation, you made a good point when you discovered that I do not have any relatives living in the immediate area.

Given that you have a responsibility toward your children and me, it only makes sense for us to share a home together, the specifics of which are up to me. I will start looking for a new home as soon as you give me access to the details of your financial accounts."