Chapter 3

.
.
.
.
.
.

"I like you.. Kyo" the girl quietly confesses, bowing her head in embarrassment. Kyo didn't utter a word as he stood there quietly, not knowing what to say or do. She moved her head slowly, wanting to get a glimpse of the boy's reaction but instead she was greeted by an emotionless Kyo.

In just a second, she heard her heart shattering into a million pieces. She felt miserable. Although she knew this would happen, it still hurt her. It hurts her to know that Kyo didn't feel the same way.

"(y/n).. I'm sorry..—" before he could continue, (y/n) stops him. "a-ah it's okay! Don't worry Kyo.. I knew you didn't felt the same anyway.. Honestly I just wanted to get it off my chest you know? Well thank you for listening to this silly confession of mine.. I must get going now" heartbroken, she bows her head before walking away. Kyo couldn't do anything but stare at her figure slowly disappearing as she walks away from his line of sight.

He had never felt any romantic feelings towards the girl as he only sees her as his best friend and a sister. Nothing more, nothing less. He knew he hurt (y/n) but of course, you could never force yourself to love someone you don't actually love romantically. Even if it hurts them.

He sighs, thinking that it'll be awkward as soon as he gets home since he lives with her so he heads off towards a different direction but at the distance, he sees a familiar figure waiting for him. He smiles to himself as he makes his way towards her, patting her head softly.

"let's go, Tohru"

_____

"Yuki look" the girl held a butterfly carefully in her hands as it flutters it wings, making her giggle softly. The gray-haired boy watches, admiring the view in front of him but suddenly gets distracted as he notices something or someone, in the corner of his eyes.

"Yuki look at how pretty the butterfly.. is? Yuki?" she looks to her side and notices that Yuki was staring somewhere else. Confused, She looks at the direction the boy is looking at and she watches as her world falls apart. After her little confession, it was confirmed that Kyo never liked (y/n) but it still hurt her. Even if weeks had already passed since that day.

(y/n) and Kyo never talked after that day. They never hung out together, they ate at different times, they never walked to school together anymore. All of the things they did together just fell out of the window. It was like they were strangers. Never acknowledging the other's existence. Even though they always did.