chapter 1

For the most part, Sunghoon thought he was lucky.

He was a twenty-one years old omega, who lived alone and was studying what he wanted. His parents had money and liked spoiling him, so they had no qualms paying for his studies, his apartment, and literally anything else he wanted. They also weren't absent parents trying to compensate, they loved him and showed it with more than just the material stuff.

The apartment where he lived was close to university and he had friendly neighbours. Both his neighbours were cute omegas just a little younger than him, so he immediately became friends with them after moving in.

That alone was more than many had, but that wasn't all. He was also extremely beautiful, even if he said so himself. And he was pretty talented, according to his professors, he was even kind of smart. He wouldn't say he was the smartest, but he could fend for himself.

To top it all off, he had a wonderful sister he got along with, even with the usual sibling banter; and a best friend who he would kill for and he liked to believe Jake would do the same for him. And Jake may be an alpha, but his parents were friends with each other, so he'd known him since a very young age. He trusted him and his parents trusted him as well. Honestly, he believed his life was pretty grate and everyone around him seemed to think he was this unattainable, too-good-for-anyone, prince-like omega. The unapproachable prince.

That last part, though, wasn't by choice. If he were to be honest, he was a bit tired of that cold image everyone seemed to have of him.

To put it simply, Sunghoon was exhausted and annoyed.

He felt a little bad complaining; after everything he had, it seemed a little selfish and conceited. But, and despite the friends he had, he felt alone. As much as his parents loved him and wanted to do anything for him, they never allowed him to go out to parties or be friends with alphas. And at first, it was fine; when he first presented, he didn't want to be close to any alphas. They smelt too strongly, they were too intense, he just didn't like it. Now he was twenty-one though, not twelve. He had other needs and wants, had had them for a while.

For most of his teenage years, he was scared of even trying to approach an alpha. Most of the time, when one tried to approach him, he wouldn't even know what to say. Once he entered his first year at university, he tried not to be as scared. Unfortunately, most of the alphas he met were big and seemed capable of breaking his bones by accident. It did not help that he was awkward when handling confessions and courting gifts, half the time he didn't even pick up on what was happening. And so, his reputation grew.

"If I invite you to go out with me tonight, will you come or am I wasting my time, again." Sunoo had opened the door to his apartment as soon as he heard Sunghoon reaching his own. It was almost tradition for them now; every time Sunoo wanted to go out he'd invite him and Jungwon, their other neighbour, out. Sunghoon declined every time, even if he knew Sunoo just wanted to go out because he'd broken up with whoever he was dating at the moment. He offered his help and support in other ways, going out to clubs or bars was something he didn't do.

And it was silly, almost, because it wasn't that he didn't want to. He actually really did want to, just to see if he liked it. But his parents had never let him go, not even to house parties if they knew there would be alphas there. Now he didn't really have to follow what his parents said, but he was afraid and felt bad doing the only thing his parents ever forbid him to do.

However, Sunoo's still crying red eyes and swollen face were getting to him. He'd never seen the omega so affected by a break up. Sure, he would always cry a little and then go out to some random club, he'd return late at night and the next day he'd be as good as new. Sunghoon even doubted Sunoo even drank anything while out, he probably just wanted to forget and have fun. But this, this looked bad. This looked like Sunoo had really gone through a harsher break up than usual. Sunghoon hadn't met his boyfriend, his ex now he guessed, but he knew he was an asshole for making Sunoo cry this much.