chapter 9

After his date, and after spending a wonderful morning cuddling with Heeseung, Sunghoon was finally back at his apartment. Heeseung had driven him back and had walked him all the way to his door, he got a small quick peck on the lips before Heeseung left. He lied down on his bed, relaxing his still sore muscles. But it was like the universe didn’t want him to rest as someone started knocking at his door. Sunghoon assumed it would be Sunoo wanting to know everything about his date.

But it was not, it was Jake. Jake, who immediately went silent as he stared at Sunghoon’s neck. Sunghoon’s neck, that was covered in bite marks and hickeys.

“I-” Sunghoon didn’t know how to start explaining. Nothing he could come up with seemed reasonable enough.

“What the fuck, Sunghoon?” Jake sounded mad and disappointed. “Who did that?”

“Listen, Jakey…” He should have told him sooner about Heeseung. God, he should have told him months ago.

“Don’t.” Jake stopped him from coming up with an excuse. “Did you go out with Sunoo again? Did you fuck someone random?” Sunghoon didn’t like the tone Jake was using to accuse him.

“Now wait a second,” Sunghoon frowned. “First of all, I didn’t, but even if I had, who are you to judge me like that?” Sunghoon defended himself. 

“It’s not about me, Sunghoon, this just isn’t like you,” Jake argued. And maybe it was because he’s rest had been interrupted, or because he was sore; maybe it was just the way Jake was wording his thoughts that irked him, but he was suddenly furious.

“Just because I lived by my parents’ rules until now it doesn’t mean I’m not like this . Whatever that means to you.” They weren’t being too loud, but Sunghoon knew Sunoo and Jungwon could probably hear them if they were home. Hell, the whole floor could probably hear.

“It means nothing of what you are thinking, I just never thought you’d be into one-night stands,” Jake attempted to explain.

“What if it wasn’t a one-night stand, maybe it’s something else.” Sunghoon crossed his arms over himself. “It’s got nothing to do with you, for you to be judging and accusing me like… as if you were my father.”

‘Wait, wait, what do you mean it wasn’t a one-night stand? Sunghoon, since when have you been having sex with this person?” Jake asked nervously, “Did they force you? Are you-?”

“God, Jake, no!” Sunghoon stopped him, the idea that Heeseung would force him into anything was ridiculous and maddening. “He would never, and this is really not your business.”

“I’m your best friend!” Jake said loudly, “what do you mean it’s not my business? What if he’s not good for you? What if he’s like… like Heeseung or something?” to Sunghoon’s credit, he managed not to slap Jake.

“What is your problem with Heeseung-hyung? Why do you hate him so much?” Sunghoon cried, “He’s nothing like the rumours say, but you would never give him a chance!”

He could see the moment it clicked in Jake’s brain. “No. No, no, you can’t be serious… you had sex with Heeseung?”

“So what if I did?” Sunghoon was defensive, “It was great and he was amazing, so why does it matter?”

“I told you not to look for him, and you promised you wouldn’t!” Jake accused him.

“I didn’t promise anything, Jake, I told you I would try to stay away,” Sunghoon wasn’t looking at Jake, he knew it had been an implied promise, but still. Still, he just wanted to be happy and Heeseung made him happy.