chapter 12

They were all quiet. Sunghoon was trying to figure out how in the world his sister had managed to get that photo. He couldn’t imagine his sixteen years old sister sneaking out and somehow getting into that specific bar, it was far from the house as well. And she was sixteen, there’s no way the bar would have let her in, not that late at night. He didn’t want to believe she’d use a fake id, but everything was possible. In the end, Sunghoon only had one way of finding out.

Jake and Heeseung, on their part, were completely lost. Sunghoon suddenly got up and left them sitting alone in his parents’ house living room. It was awkward, and they really hoped Sunghoon’s parents wouldn't come back any time soon. Sunghoon didn’t tell them to follow him, so they didn’t, but maybe it would have been better if they had.

Sunghoon walked over to his sister’s room and didn’t even bother with knocking. It was certain that she would be there, it was Saturday after all, she could literally be anywhere. Thankfully, she was in her room. It seemed like she had just finished getting ready to go out, but couldn’t find something as she was looking under her bed. 

“How did you get that photo?” Sunghoon asked, startling his sister, who almost hit her head with the bed.

“Fuck, you almost killed me!” She exaggerated with both hands to her chest.

“Sure,” Sunghoon rolled his eyes, “how did you get that photo?” 

“What photo?” She feigned confusion, but Sunghoon could tell she knew exactly what photo he was talking about. 

“You know which one, how did you get it?” He insisted. 

“No, I don’t know,” she kept denying. 

Sunghoon huffed, he didn’t have the patience for this. “The one of Heeseung and me at a bar, how the fuck did you get that?” 

“Why do you think I-” He stopped her attempt at getting out of it.

“I know it was you, mum showed me her Instagram.” He pointed at her, “that’s your account, the one mum doesn’t know you have.”

“I- why does it matter where I got it from?” She changed her tactic.

“Because right now I’m thinking you took it,” he accused her, “and if you did, that means you were there and showing that to mum would be hypocritical of you.” She bit her cheeks, but didn’t say anything. “You were there?”

“No! No, I wasn’t…” she muttered, “but… I have… gone out…” she admitted nervously. “Don’t tell mum?”

He looked at her harshly, “I should tell her,” he said, she had outed him after all. “But I won’t, if you tell me where you got the photo from.”

“I don’t know, someone sent it to me asking if I knew what was going on and I sent it to mum,” she confessed. “I blocked them, because that was weird.”

“Show me.” He demanded, because someone was creepy enough to take a picture of them and stalk his sister. 

It seemed she hesitated for a second before pulling out her phone and opening Instagram. Trying to find the chat. She obviously used Instagram a lot more than their mother as it took a little longer to find the chat. Eventually, she found it and went to the profile. As she had said, she had blocked the account, but she unblocked it so Sunghoon could look at the pictures after he didn’t recognise the name. Sunghoon stared at the photos uploaded to the Instagram account and was confused.