chapter 7

Heeseung drove Sunghoon back to his apartment this time. Sunghoon was still a little unstable on his feet, but he could walk on his own. That didn’t mean, however, that he refused Heeseung when he offered to help him walk to his apartment. With a little convincing, Sunghoon had Heeseung sitting on his couch, just to be sure Sunghoon was actually okay on his own. And, of course, so Sunghoon could give back Heeseung’s clothes to him.

He wanted to bring up his text messages, but he didn’t know how. In the end, he decided to just be upfront about it.

“Why didn’t you read my message?” Sunghoon asked as he gave Heeseung his clothes.

“I… did read it,” Heeseung admitted without looking at Sunghoon. “But I didn’t open it…”

“Why?” Sunghoon pressed on.

“It’s… I just…” Heeseung sighed, “I was hoping I could avoid you…”

“But why?” Sunghoon was confused. “First, I had to give you your clothes back,” he pointed at what Heeseung was holding. “Second, we could have met for that and then never see each other again, if that’s what you wanted.” It wasn’t what Sunghoon wanted, but he wasn’t an asshole.

“I… did want to see you again.” Now, Sunghoon wasn’t the brightest as proven by his awful plans, but even he could tell this was just plain nonsense.

“Please explain, you aren’t making any sense right now.” Sunghoon sat next to Heeseung. For a moment, Heeseung looked at Sunghoon’s face, like he was waiting for something.

“You’ve heard the rumours… about me,” it was both a question and a statement. Sunghoon nodded, he didn’t think those were relevant right now, but he’d go along if he got answers. “Then you probably don’t want anything to do with me.”

“Those rumours are stupid.” Sunghoon’s voice left no room for Heeseung to argue. “You… don’t seem like the type to do any of the things the rumours say.”

“But I could be…” Heeseung said timidly. Sunghoon thought that even if he hadn’t seen first-hand how gentle Heeseung could be, the way he was talking would convince him that the rumours were absolute bullshit.

“Well, I don’t think you are, so I wanted to get to know you,” Sunghoon found the courage to admit. “If you don’t want to, that’s fine, just…”

“The rumours might affect you…” Heeseung commented, as if Sunghoon cared. He had enough rumours about himself going around, if anything, Sunghoon thought it might help break his cold and unapproachable image.

“I don’t think that matters.” Sunghoon said honestly.

“What about your reputation? I don’t want people to think-”

“My what now?” Sunghoon interrupted him.

“Your reputation? You know, you never give alphas the time of the day and all that, you are a prince.” Heeseung explained with a light blush.

“You knew about that?” Sunghoon asked in shock.

“W-well… I heard about you…” Heeseung’s blush got redder.

“I promise I’m not like that, alphas just… scare me a bit,” he confessed. “Sunoo says I handle things the wrong way.”

“Oh, I thought… It just made sense since…” Heeseung gestured widely with his hands. Sunghoon didn’t understand. “You are very, um, beautiful.”

“And?” What did that even have to do with anything?

“Uh… like, why would you even bother with any of us when looking as good as you do.” Heeseung seemed to realised Sunghoon hadn’t even thought about that.