chapter 4

Sunghoon felt giddy walking back; the clothes he was wearing smelled like Heeseung and the alpha had been so nice. He’d never felt so comfortable and safe with someone, especially not an alpha he didn’t know. This made him want to get to know Heeseung even more. The fact that he was absolutely stunning was a plus.

It was true, though, that his bar for alphas was pretty low. He’d never had an alpha care for him the way Heeseung had. Jake was the closest he could think of, but what he had felt with Heeseung couldn’t be compared with anything. Also, Jake had never taken care of him during a heat. Heeseung being a strange alpha that didn’t take advantage of him while he would have totally let him was driving him crazy. In a good way, of course.

Finally, he reached his apartment after only a couple of minutes. Heeseung lived really close by. He was greeted by a worried Sunoo and Jungwon in front of his door. They stank of distress and restlessness; it soured their scents a lot.

“Oh my god, where were you? Are you okay? What happened?” Sunoo asked first, hugging him

“We shouldn’t have left you alone, I’m so sorry…” Jungwon apologised, but neither was letting him get to his apartment.

“What happened to your clothes?” Sunoo frowned sniffing him, “Why do you smell of an alpha?”

“Why didn’t you answer your phone? We were two seconds away from calling your parents or the police!” Jungwon added. At least that meant they hadn’t done that.

“I’m glad and slightly offended that you didn’t call anyone, I basically went missing for three days.” It wasn’t a real complaint; he’d have to deal with way too many things if they had done that.

“We wanted to, but Jake was sure you were okay,” Sunoo explained. “I think he wanted to believe you were fine a little too much, calling would mean accepting something was wrong.”

“And we actually did contact the police… but they said it was probably nothing, ‘an omega at a club probably left with an alpha’, that’s what they said.” Jungwon looked mad, and he could understand why, even though that was exactly what happened. He’d been lucky Heeseung seemed to be such a caring and gentle alpha.

“Right, I have to call Jake before he does something stupid,” Sunghoon made a mental note to do so as soon as he was inside his apartment, which he would already be if it weren’t for Jungwon and Sunoo.

“Don’t worry, he’s coming over,” Jungwon said and it made sense. “He should be here in a couple of minutes.” Sunghoon noticed Gaenyu, Sunoo’s other neighbour, prying from his door; he’d opened it slightly and was looking at them. Sunghoon wanted to keep this between as little people as possible.

“Okay, so what about waiting inside my place, I kind of want to change.” he didn’t, not really; if he could, he’d stay in the alpha’s clothes forever. But if he did that, he would have to explain a whole lot more he wasn’t ready to. He wasn’t ready to even think about it at length.

They nodded, but Sunoo’s stare told him he still had a lot of explaining to do. Personally, Sunghoon preferred to explain only once, so he hoped they could wait until Jake was there as well. Kind of against his will, Sunghoon went to his room to change. As no one was seeing him, he took a moment to breathe in the alpha’s scent; maybe he could keep the clothes close to him when he went to sleep. He’d deal with his reasoning behind that decision later.

Jake arrived just as he was sitting down on his couch next to Jungwon and Sunoo. He sighed and got up again to open the door. He thought about getting some glasses and offering them something to drink while he was at it. Jake pretty much tackled him once he opened the door, it was a miracle they didn’t toppled down to the floor.