chapter 6

The thing about texting Heeseung is that it took two full hours for Sunghoon to hit send. It was a very simple message asking to meet so Sunghoon could return Heeseung’s clothes. He would never admit to it out loud, but he had slept hugging the shirt the first night he was back at his apartment. He’d just gotten used to having Heeseung’s scent all around him during his heat, it helped him calm down. He was holding onto it again, now that he was anxiously waiting for Heeseung’s reply.

It never came, though. 

He considered, a couple of times, texting Jay to see if he knew what Heeseung was doing. But he didn’t want the other to force Heeseung to answer to his text. Heeseung had to answer just if he wanted to, and it may appear that he didn’t want to. Maybe he was just being impatient, Heeseung could have been busy, so Sunghoon just had to wait for a little longer. He ended up falling asleep, once again hugging the shirt, while he waited for Heeseung to reply.

The following morning, Sunghoon woke up slightly disoriented and didn’t really remember what he had been doing before he fell asleep. Then he remembered and moved faster than ever in his life to check if he had any new messages. He didn’t. All his hope crumbled quite fast, but he refused to believe Heeseung didn’t want to answer him. In his defence, he hadn’t even read the text. Then the whole day passed and he still had no answer from Heeseung.

Once again, he was considering texting Jay. But it felt wrong to do so. And then it was Friday and Heeseung was still as much a stranger as he had been on Tuesday. Sunghoon made the worst plan he could ever come up with, but in his mind, it made sense. He decided he was going to go out again, to the same club he had met Heeseung at a week before. However, he knew he was being dumb, so he decided to go all out and not tell anyone where he was going.

The chances that he would meet Heeseung again at the same club were slim, but Sunghoon had hope and he didn't care that the odds were against him. This time, Sunghoon would have to plan his own outfit. He couldn't ask Sunoo for help, he believed he didn't need the help anyway. He was capable of choosing his own clothes. He liked thinking he had quite a good fashion sense.

Except, he had plans of meeting Heeseung and he wanted to look the best possible. He knew he was beautiful, but he still got nervous thinking of an outfit that would impress Heeseung. He also absolutely refused to put on jeans as tight as the ones he had worn the previous time. Nothing could convince him to go through that torture again. He would have to remember to throw that pair away soon.

He stared at his clothes without taking them out of the closet. He had so much stuff he never got to wear, like the skirts. Honestly, he didn't know if he could be bold enough to wear a skirt knowing Heeseung might not even be there. But he kind of wanted to try. 

From his closet, he pulled out a dark blue t-shirt, the neckline was wide and would show off his collarbones, and a black short skirt with buttons on the front. Once he put them on, the skirt started at his waist and ended a couple of centimetres above his knees. He put on some shoes and started fixing his hair, ignoring the burning of his cheeks at seeing his own outfit. It was the first time he would dare to walk out wearing a skirt. He felt weird, in between shy and excited. Hopefully, Heeseung would like his outfit.

Hopefully, he would find Heeseung.

As quietly as he could, he walked over to his door and opened it just a tiny bit to check that no one was outside. He took a deep breath, but ended up closing the door again. He couldn’t do it. It didn’t feel wrong to wear a skirt, not at all. Yet, part of him was a little too self-conscious going out on his own while wearing it. He went back to his room and changed the skirt for black jeans, tight but not as tight as the ones Sunoo had chosen. He could put on a skirt some other time.