2 Bad blood

Kyle POV

Frustrated, I rubbed my hands over my face as I watched Amy walk as fast as she could. That certainly hadn't gone the way I had imagined. But she was still able to push my buttons. When I thought I could handle seeing her more often again, I was obviously wrong. 

One look at her familiar face was enough to pull all the buried emotions back to the surface. Especially the anger. The anger about how her decision affected both of our lives. The anger that I thought I could live with it, but clearly had been wrong.

I saw how she tried not to let anything show. But the tears in her eyes spoke another language. Even though she tried to suppress them with everything she had. I still knew Amy well enough to know that she was just as hurt as I was.

It may have been true that I had tried to change her mind about the one issue, but I only did that because deep down I thought it was just a phase. I thought if I could convince her, she would be beyond happy. But the shot backfired definitively. 

And then when she spent more time with Adam than with me, I just snapped. I never really believed that anything had happened between them, but at that moment everything just came together. All the anger, the frustration. All of it went off in one gigantic explosion. It ended with words I never thought I'd be able to say.

"Was that really necessary?" Adam asked me, still standing next to me, bringing me back to the present very quickly.

"Apparently it was. Just forget it," I muttered as I turned to leave.

But Adam prevented that by grabbing me by the arm. He turned me to face him and looked at me with a mixture of annoyance and confusion.

"Can you finally explain to me what exactly happened between you two?" he wanted to know.

"What is there to know, Adam? We broke up. People break up. We weren't on the same page about the future. Things were said and in the end she moved out. The rest... the rest doesn't matter," I replied.

"Oh it clearly matters when you two, even after 2 years, are sneering at each other like this. You can't tell me that you are indifferent to each other. Because that's not what indifference looks like. You still have feelings for each other," he said.

"You're right, and the feeling is called anger and surely hate. You heard it, didn't you?" I explained.

"Yeah you can say that again. What I heard is you and Amy acting like two idiots." replied Adam.

"Well... get used to it, Adam. I'm sure it won't get any better." I said, and then finally went my way.

What I said was the truth. I had no idea if we would ever be able to deal with each other normally. There had been too much bad blood. Too many feelings had been hurt. That probably wouldn't go away with time.