13 Much needed sleep

Kyle POV

We dragged our tired, sore bodies to the car and then made our way to the hotel. I could hardly wait to be with my wife again. I didn't like leaving her alone at the moment. When Amy said I was in daddy mode, she wasn't wrong. Part of me was just very protective. I didn't want anything to happen to her or the baby.

But sometimes there was no other way than to be separated from each other. Therefore, I had also insisted that she drove back to the hotel earlier, even if she had firmly intended to wait for me. But after I saw how she had fallen asleep propped up on her hand at one of the tables in the catering, I thought it would be better if she rested in the hotel. The pregnancy and the little man demanded a lot from her. And it was important that she got a good night's sleep in a warm, soft bed. Not at a table in a drafty corner backstage where dozens of people passed by.

"How's our dad-to-be doing? Everything okay? You look worried." said Bobby, who was behind the wheel.

"I just want to make sure Amy's okay. I suspect she's asleep, but it still makes me a little anxious not to have heard from her in so long," I replied as I leaned my head against the headrest.

"I'm sure she's okay. Try not to stress yourself out. Otherwise, your nervousness will transfer to Amy and the baby. And that's not good. By the way, I'm glad you guys got back together. The drama was unbearable. I mean, I always knew how damn stubborn you were. But damn it, your wife is just as stubborn. Whatever happened between you, it's nice that you obviously found a solution," he replied.

"Thank you. I just hope I'm doing things properly for Amy and our little boy. I feel the pressure to do everything right, because I don't want Ams to have to worry about anything. I don't want them both to miss a thing." I said as I looked out the window of the car.

"Spoken like a true dad. You'll be fine. And you and Amy will make great parents." said Bobby.

--------------

As quietly as I could, I unlocked the door to our room and tiptoed inside. Then I took off my shoes. I wanted to avoid making any noise that might wake Amy.

The lights were dimmed and I could hear the television playing softly in the background. After a few steps the bed came into my field of vision, but there was nothing to see of my wife. But that was more due to the large piles of blankets and pillows she seemed to be buried under. I chuckled softly as I stepped closer and saw only her hair peeking out on top.

She had obviously made herself as comfortable as possible in her little cocoon of bedding. She probably had extra blankets and pillows brought in, because I don't think the room had that many.

I quietly went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I also had to quickly check my levels again. When I was done with everything I went back to the bedroom to change. Afterwards I lay down in bed and tried to find a way to Amy. It was not so easy, but finally I succeeded. I slid an arm under her to be able to pull her to me and when I did that I heard her sigh contentedly. Her hand found mine to hold it tightly.

"Hey.... You're back..." breathed Amy as she turned her head in my direction.

"Go back to sleep, baby girl. I know how tired you are." I replied softly.

"That's right. Baby is kicking my butt. So tired." I heard her mumble and not a second I felt her relax again. She had already fallen back asleep.

I pressed another kiss on her hair before snuggling close to her. It did not take long until I also relaxed completely. However, we seemed to be the only ones. Because under our hands I felt how the little guy happily and wide awake rolled back and forth.