9 Not yet

Kyle POV

I sat on the ring apron and stared at my phone. My eyes were locked on the little baby in the latest ultrasound photo. A smile curled my lips as I thought about our baby. I couldn't wait to meet the little guy or the little girl. Unfortunately, there had been nothing to be seen last time to let us know what it was going to be. That was okay, because it didn't really matter as long as the baby was healthy and thriving.

I was more concerned about Amy. It broke my heart to see her so torn. I wondered how it would be once the baby was born. I hoped with everything I had in me that I wouldn't really have to take care of the new life by myself. The baby needed more than just me. It deserved more and I knew Amy could do that once she got over her fear.

However, I wasn't sure if finding her mother was the best way to do it. Amy herself was not sure if she should do it. But Ramona's suggestion had definitely made her think. Maybe answers would actually help her understand and come to terms with it. But I had the feeling that it might cause the opposite. What if it traumatized her even more than she already was. What if she didn't get the answers she wanted or what if maybe her mother wasn't alive anymore to give her the answers she wanted.

I think it was better to leave some things untouched. Especially now that Amy should avoid stress as much as possible. And God knew she was stressed enough already. But in the end it had nothing to do with me. It was Amy's decision and as I had promised her, I would support her in everything.

And then there was the fact that no one knew we were expecting a baby. Amy had only told her adoptive parents because she had never kept secrets from them. But other than that, we hadn't told anyone yet. Because that's what Amy wanted. However, I wasn't sure how much longer it was possible to keep it to ourselves. After all, she was already in her 18th week and slowly but surely you could see the bump under her clothes.

"Hello, earth to Kyle! Where are you with your thoughts, buddy?" I heard Bobby ask.

I lifted my head and saw that he was standing in front of me along with Adam, Matt and Nick. I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear them. I quickly locked my phone.

"Oh hey. Is it time already?" I wanted to know as I jumped to my feet.

"What were you looking at so intently?" Matt asked with a cocky grin.

"None of your business." I grumbled. 

"I bet it has to do with Amy." Adam smirked.

"Oh yeah, and why do you think that?" I asked challengingly.

"Well... I've just known you for a while. I've noticed that you haven't been yelling at each other for a while, and you're wearing your wedding ring again." he replied, sounding very pleased.

"It doesn't mean anything. It's just-" I began without knowing how to explain. The truth was that it just felt right. Fortunately, I was saved from answering by the ringing of the phone in my hand. Without thinking, I answered it.

"Hey Ams, is everything okay?" I asked immediately.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just wanted to tell you that it's going to take longer with the fabric selection and we can't meet to eat together." she explained to me and her voice sounded so tired that it immediately made me worry again.

"Oh... um, okay. But please don't forget to eat and drink enough, okay? I guess I'll see you at the airport then, right?" I replied as I took a few steps away from the guys.

"Yeah, right. I'll take care of myself Kyle. And we have something important to talk about later. I've got to get going. Bye." Amy said and then hung up before I could ask what it was about.

I hung up with a sigh, but before I had a chance to lock my phone again Nick had snatched it out of my hand.

"Nick, cut the crap and give me my phone back!" I demanded angrily and followed him.

But it was too late because he was already tapping away on it. Immediately I saw his face freeze. I realized he must have been looking at my photos and unfortunately the first picture was the one from the ultrasound.

"Oh... my... God!" he said, emphasizing every word.

"Would you look at that! Kyle O'Reilly's gonna be a daddy!" he blurted out.

"What?" asked Bobby in shock, walking over to Nick to take the phone out of his hand.

The rest of the guys immediately gathered around him to see what exactly he had seen and when they realized he was right, they stared at me with open mouths. Great, just great. Stupid Bucks and their curious asses.

"Not a word! I don't want to hear anything. Keep it to yourselves." I said, although I had little hope that even one of them would stick to it.

Adam and Bobby came up to me and hugged me tightly. But amazingly, they don't say anything. At least not yet.