Chapter 20

I wake up at 5:00 AM with a sudden urge to vomit. Again. Ugh. The worst part of pregnancy by far. Plus, I thought it was over by now. It was for a while at least. Guess not.

I try my best to not make much movement when I get out of bed because then Zach will wake up. Just because I have to go through this doesn't mean he has to. He told me to always wake him up, but I never do. The only time he gets up with me is when I make too much movement.

Once I finish, I decide to go to the kitchen because I won't be able to fall back asleep anyway. Also, I'm always hungry. Thanksgiving is next week, so there are already turkeys in stores. I made Zach buy me one yesterday. He made it for dinner last night but since there are only two of us, well, four, there was some left. I finish the rest now. My family is coming back into town later today. They don't need to know there ever was a turkey.

My family is coming for Thanksgiving. I'm actually really happy. I haven't seen Tyler or my dad since they moved a few months ago. My dad is still mad about everything, but my mom said that he is slowly coming around. And Tyler is beyond excited to see me. He doesn't really care about my pregnancy.

Just as I am thinking about my family, I am interrupted. I feel a little push on my stomach. From the inside. At first, I don't know what it is. Then another one comes, and I realize. My babies are kicking. I rush to the bedroom to wake Zach. No one cares that it's 5:30 in the morning anymore.

I admire his sleeping face for a split second before I remember why I came in her and roll him over. He's a light sleeper so I know it'll be enough. His eyes flutter open and rest on me.

"SKYLAR?" he signs to me in the little light from the bathroom.

I turn on the bedside table lamp and then sit on the bed.

"WHAT'S WRONG?" he asks, looking concerned now.

I don't respond, I just grab his hand and put it on my stomach. Right as his hand touches, they kick again. Zach smiles like an idiot and I think I might have the same look on my face.

"THEY'RE KICKING" Zach signs.

"I KNOW. I FEEL IT. PROBABLY MORE THAN YOU DO" I respond.

"RIGHT."

I laugh a little at him but then kiss him. My stomach isn't quite big enough to get in the way yet. I pull him as close as I possibly can and grab his face and hold it to mine. I can feel him smile behind the kiss which makes me smile too. Then I slowly unstrap my leg and put it on the ground without breaking the kiss. Once it is off, Zach flips us over so that he is on top. I tug slightly at the collar of the t-shirt he is wearing, which causes him to pull back slightly.

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO?" he signs to me once there is enough space between us where I can see him. The space is what I don't want.

"WHAT COULD WE DO THAT ISN'T ALREADY DONE?" I sign in response.

He thinks that over for a second before nodding and going back to kissing me with more passion than before if that's possible. I feel another little nudge before kissing him back, taking his shirt off in the process.

----

I wake up again at 9:00, feeling in a much better mood. I turn and Zach is propped up on one elbow, staring at me.

"WHAT?" I sign to him, confused about why he's looking at me so intensely.

"NOTHING. YOU'RE JUST BEAUTIFUL" he responds, and I blush a light pink.

"LIAR" I sign to him. I know he's trying to compliment me, but I also know that I'm fat right now and the opposite of beautiful.

"I'M TELLING THE TRUTH. DID YOU KNOW YOU SMILE IN YOUR SLEEP? IT'S MY FAVORITE PART OF EVERY DAY."