Chapter 2

PAIGE'S P.O.V

1WEEKLATER

It was a week after my first day working here, I was supposed to be doing the frolic segment with Orkid and Beckie with Kasatka. I was more than nervous. It was 30 minutes before the show and they had just opened the stadium it was already packed. 'Great' I thought to myself. My heart started pounding and I got butterflies in my stomach. I was a little more than nervous. I heard the opening video start then I saw Corky do the opening jump. Then 'One Song' began to play. Oh no. I felt almost sick but I knew I had to do this. Frolic started and the fountains went crazy I heard the crowd roar and I sent Orkid to the front pool. I tapped on the glass to get Orkid's attention. She swam over to me and I sent her over to the slide out while Beckie sent Kasatka over. I went and grabbed a fish out of the bucket and put it to my right. Both Kasatka and Orkid refused. I grabbed another one and had the other one out too. Again they refused. I knew it was part of the show but most of the audience didn't. Then Beckie walked over told me to put the fish in it and I did she held it up and they shook their heads yes. I gave them the signal to splashed and stepped away from them I told Beckie to wave and she did right then 52 degrees salt water hit her in the face I started laughing while she put her head down accepting the freezing water. The crowd busted out laughing. Right then Nakai jumped up and out of the water in the middle of the pool then swam to his trainer Pete. Until I heard the crowd cheer I had forgotten that they were here. Soon the segment was over. I had nothing to be nervous about that was awesome. I sent Orkid to the back and received her and gave her a nice rubdown. She did great. She started vocalizing, it was truly one of the cutest things ever. She amazed me.

BECKIE'S P.O.V.

Wow for a new trainer she did great so maybe we should let her do her water works session in a month. She'd like that.

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

I sent Orkid out to the front to join Alex for the We're One segment. This has been the best day of my life...so far. She's my first love. Since I was 5 I love her to death and now I'm working with her. I was actually more nervous for believe I was doing the "testimony" meaning speaking in front of everyone. Great.

PAUL'S P.O.V.

Ian,Nina, Candice, Matt and I come here at least 2 times a month. I don't know why. But I come so I can take a break from filming. I'm not a huge animal fan but the orcas are gorgeous. The dolphins are okay. Why have we been walking so long. "Ian, where are we going? Better yet, why are we following YOU?" I asked and sort of chuckled. "We're going to the dolphin show Pauly." I hated when he called me that. "What ever mister Smolderhalder" he looked back and narrowed his eyes. Nina laughed. We finally got to the stadium. As soon as I saw a pink door rise I knew it would be stupid."great.." I mumbled. "Stop complaining, it's pretty" Candice told me. I rolled my eyes and looked at the water. Then I saw a dolphin. I heard Nina and Candice aww. They are such girls. Finally the show was over. "Let's go see the dolphins at dolphin point" Candice squealed. "Follow me" Ian says. I huffed and Matt smirked. "Can we go see some cool things now? Like Shamu" I asked. "Yeah let's go see Shamu" Nina agreed. We all walked toward Shamu Stadium. There was a Believe show in 20 minutes and we have reserved front row seats.

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

I was nervous about believe then I heard the video start. The opening was between Kasatka and Pete. Then Share The Joy was Beckie and Corky and Wendy and Keet. Something Far Greater was Lilly and Sumar. Then it was time for my speech. "Why do I believe? Well, I believe that all things are possible because we're getting the chance to swim with the top predator of the ocean. The killer whale. You may be wondering what's it's like to be with these magnificent animals each and everyday. Well, it's in the quiet times away from the shows where each of us learn from the precious nature of these animals. You can see it in there eyes. You can feel it in the way they respond to a touch or to a hug. Next to them we are so small. Yet, I'm completely overwhelmed at the extraordinary bond they have with each of us. But it's the true connection that Shamu has with each of us that not only teaches us about the creatures of the sea but it teaches us better about ourselves as well. We are all one. Through Shamu we witness the beauty, majesty, and wonders about natures entire realm. We are all honored to be spending our lives with this killer whale family. We love learning from them and we love being able to share that passion and adventure with all of you today. My name is Paige and my hope is, is that each and everyone of you today equally find a passion for animals, each other, and this beautiful world we all share. It is never to late to find your dream. Just know that anything is possible when you believe.. Thank you!" That wasn't so hard.

PAUL'S P.O.V.

"Who was that?" I asked surprised at how beautiful she was. "Obviously a trainer loser" Ian retorted. I looked his way and narrowed my eyes he giggled. She was absolutely gorgeous. She had her hair in a regular ponytail it was really wavy and long. She had beautiful greenish eyes. She was perfect. I shook her out of my head when I caught Matt looking at me. "What?" I asked and smirked. He just turned back toward the pool. Then I heard this crazy music start and all these trainers dove into the pool and swam across one of them was the girl. She stood right in front of us. "OKAY!" She screamed she did some weird things with her arms and all of the other trainers did too the audience followed. She started screaming "SHAMU SHAMU SHAMU SHAMU" then she said "OKAY HOW ABOUT THIS THE BETTER YOY GUYS DO THE WETTER SHAMU WILL GET YOU!" She was so enthusiastic. Then out behind her came two giant tales she kept jumping around. The water was FREEZING! Ian laughed.

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

Was this The Vampire Diary cast? Great a bunch of stuck up actresses and actors. Lovely. After the show I stayed out with all of the other trainers to greet guests.

PAUL'S P.O.V.

She stayed out after the show. "Hey let's go talk to a trainer" I said. They all agreed. We walked up to the gorgeous girl. "Hi. Do you have any questions?" She asked. I know she noticed who we were. But I don't think she cared. "Um, yeah who's your biggest whale?" I asked.  "Our biggest whale in all of our parks is in our Orlando park. Our biggest whale here is Ulises. He was one of the ones splashing. There he is and our second biggest whale." She said as she pointed to the pool. "I think Beckie's about to slide them out" she pointed toward the platform. They slid out and they are HUGE! "Woah" I said with a low voice. "What whale do you work with?" Nina asked. "Well, since I haven't worked here too long I only work with one right now. Her name is Orkid. We've had a connection since I was five."she replied. "That's cool" Nina said. She smiled. "Well, I have to go to the underwater viewing area I have duty there" she told us. "Where's that at? Is it open to anyone?" Ian asked curiously. "Yes it is, and I can show you" she smiled and waved us to follow her.