Chapter 10

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

The next morning I had work. I sent Paul a message that said 'Thanks so much for bringing me home. Sorry I fell asleep' he's probably still sleeping. Or he's mad. Oh no. I got to work at 6 again and was in the fish room with Alex and Missy. After that we fed the whales breakfast. I had Keet, he would be the second whale I worked with. Although I was doing believe today with Orkid. I had Keet for side by side with Jen and Shouka. I fed Keet his breakfast and then did a relationship with him I gave him signals and rundowns that he really enjoyed. Keet had always been a special whale for me. After the relationship session it was about 8:30 and the park opens in 30 minutes. We decided to give some of our whales a play session including Keet, Corky, Kasatka and Nakai. While the other whales got relationship sessions. I played a game of retrieval with Keet for about an hour. He really enjoyed it. Then we had a breakfast with Shamu I got the chance to tell the guests about Keet. I saw 'them' at the table closest to me. "Hi my name is Paige and I'm gonna tell you a little about my friend right here. His name is Keet. He is our second biggest whale at SeaWorld San Diego. He's a great friend. He may be huge but he is known as our "gentle" giant. His mom is a whale at SeaWorld Orlando named Kalina. His dad Kotar, sadly passed away. Keet is also known as Grandbaby Shamu because his mother is the first orca to be born and raised under human care successfully. He has one daughter alive who you'll meet in a few minutes named Kalia. And one who sadly passed away. THIS IS KEET" as soon as I said that keet came up and did a flip in the middle of our dine with shamu pool. Everyone clapped. The show was over and everyone cleared out. But about 10 minutes later I looked up and saw them all looking. I was so embarrassed because of what happened yesterday. Then it was time for One Ocean. When Side by Side came on. Keet swam out there and started dancing in the middle of the pool with Shouka. Then I tapped on the water and he came swimming over. He did a froggie and started vocalizing. I blew my whistle and have him a handful of fish. Paul was watching my every move. Lovely. I got Keet to slide out and stick his tongue out. He amazed me. Then on the last part we got Shouka and Keet to kiss the audience awed then I blew my whistle and sent him to the back. After the show the other trainers and I went out to talk to the guests. Paul started slowly walking up to me. "Hey" he said. "Hey. Sorry about last night." I said apologizing. "It's fine" he said with a half smile. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Um uh yeah I'm fine" he said hesitatingly. "I have to go." He added. I kind of just narrowed my eyes.

PAUL'S P.O.V .

I wanted to tell her I loved her. I wanted to let my feelings out. But I'm scared. I don't think she feels the same way. And I highly doubt she does. "Man up" I heard Ian say. He's right. I need to man up.

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

I thought he like me. I'm so stupid to believe that. Whatever I have whales to deal with. I couldn't help but think about it all day. It's time for believe. If I see him I might cry. I was doing share the joy with Orkid, Art, and Ikaika. When it was time Orkid pushed me through the water and Ikaika pushed Art. We were holding hands. They pushed us on the stage and I hugged Art. Full of enthusiasm then ran back and hugged Orkid while Art hugged Ikaika. I got on Orkids back then moved to her nose she pushed me to the bottom of the tank and pushed me up fast I shot about 20 ft in the air and did the perfect hydro. I heard the crowd roar. Then I went around the pool doing porps with Art and Ikaika side by side. The crowd was amazed. We got them to slide up on the slide out and "boogie". Then it was over. I was one who had to get the crowd pumped for Ulises and Keet. I was in the slide out position. Great. That's where 'he' was. The splash segment came on and I dove in swam across and got out at the right time. "WHOO" I screamed. I went around high fiving guest. Then came back infront of the slide out and started to do the "Shamu Slam" "COME ON YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT" I screamed. Then Ulises' tale came out of the water and soaked everyone. After the show I didn't go out to greet guests I couldn't. I got off after Believe so I went into the locker room and changed into my light blue jeans and spaghetti strap shirt and put my SeaWorld sweat shirt on. They were on the skywalk and saw me walking out. I always parked by the back so I could see all the beautiful animals on the way out. That was a bad idea. I went by the Blue Horizons stadium and ran into him. No not Paul. Blake. He instantly grabbed my arm. "LET ME GO!" I screamed helpless. Then I felt someone release Blake's grip I was scared to look up. But when I did it was Ian. "Thank you Ian." I said barely. "Let me drive you home. Ill get Nina to follow us. I don't want you driving." He said sincerely. I agreed. When we were safely in the car Ian asked "Are all of those bruises from him?" I nodded my head yes and he turned bright red. "I consider you as my best friend now. If he EVER touches you again ill hurt him" he said seriously. "Yeah that's what Paul said too." I huffed. He didn't say anything else. "Well we have two months off from filming so well be here a lot." He said. I just stared out the window. What's Paul's deal I asked my self. When we got to my house all I said was "bye thanks" then walked in. I went and sat on my couch. I let all of the tears I was holding in out. While crying I heard a knock on my door. I thought it was just Ian or Nina checking on me. But, it was Paul. I opened the door slowly. He saw the tears. "I'm sorry" he said. I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. "Ian filled me in. I promised I'd be there if he hurt you" he added. "No worries. Ill live" I added. Oh no I just used something I heard on vampire diaries. Crap. Now I'm embarrassed. I shut the door. He knocked again. This time when he opened it he grabbed my face and kissed me. I thought I was going to die.