Chapter 7

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

I soon realized it was the cast. I waved and smiled back. Geez Paul looked really cute. Wait no he didn't. Shut up Paige. I looked back down at Orkid. "Hey ill be right back Wendy" "okay" Wendy said as she received Orkid. I walked to the skywalk "hey. Would you guys like to meet an orca?" I asked. "Really?" Nina asked surprised. I nodded my head and got them to follow me to where Orkid was. "Hey Wendy this is Nina, Ian, Matt, Candice, and Paul." I said. "Oh right I watch your show. So trust me I know" she said with a smile. They all smiled. I received Orkid. "Okay, so this is Orkid. She's like the love of my life I've had a connection with this whale since I was 5 years old." I told them. "Would you like to feed her?" I asked. They all nodded their heads. I handed the first herring to Candice. She looked kind of grossed out but threw it in Orkids mouth. Then I gave Matt one. He threw it in her mouth and made the farting sound through her blowhole I couldn't help but laugh. They all laughed. The rest of them fed her as well then I turned my back to talk to them and I heard the water splash I looked back and Orkid was on the narrow platform. "What Orkid?" I said in a baby voice. "Are you waiting for a rubdown?" I asked. She nodded her head yes. "You are? You are so spoiled" I said and giggled. "Okay so y'all can come over here and give her a rubdown just don't get close to her eyes, mouth, or blowhole." I explained. They all widened there eyes. I guess because she was so big. I started rubbing toward her stomach.

PAUL'S P.O.V.

Was I really touching a killer whale? This was so cool. I kept rubbing the whales back. "Okay" she said and blew her whistle the whale didn't move. Was something wrong? "Oh your waiting for us to push you in?" Paige asked. The whale shook her head yeah. "Okay on 3 1..2..3" we all pushed for about 2 minutes. Then the whale slid in the water. "Thank you so much!" Candice said while she hugged Paige. "Yeah thanks" I said while I went in for a hug. The hug was incredible. Was I falling in love? We all hugged her. "We'll I have a show in like 30 minutes so I have to get ready! Will you guys be there?" She asked "of course" Nina and I said at the same time.

CANDICE'S P.O.V.

They were so in love I could tell. "Paul, make a move ask her to hang out with us again tomorrow if she has time off." I said. He nodded his head. There's one thing about Paul I could hit him for he's so stubborn.

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

It was show time. I was doing far greater with her. And talking about her as the "testimony." I couldn't wait. The first two segments went by fast and here I go. Soon enough I was in the show pool on Orkid's stomach. I kissed it and dove off. She pushed me around the pool while I spun and so did she. I was smiling bigger than ever. Then, I grabbed onto her pectorals and we did the hula I was absolutely in love. When the song goes 'COME TAKE YOUR PLACE' I stood on her nose infront of everyone. She pushed me to the slide out and I gave her a huge salmon. Then I laid on my back and she followed I gave her belly a rubdown and tapped on her. I started splashing her and she splashed back. She did a froggie and stuck her tongue out. I kissed it. The audience awed. Then the song was almost over so she pushed me to the stage. I gave her the signal to relax an stay by stage and started my speech. "We all love all the whales. But, there's always that one and for me there's one that for me she's it. Her name is Orkid. She's actually the first baby born here at SeaWorld San Diego. I've been with this whale since I was 5 years old. And shes made me a better friend,person, and trainer. She's truly the best gift you could ever ask for." The audience clapped and I sent her to the back. After the show I had underwater viewing duty again. Fun.