Chapter 1

PAIGE'S P.O.V.

I walked into Shamu Stadium on my first day it was 9:30. The park opened 30 minutes ago and the skywalk was already crowed. Wow. I walked over the the trainer I was supposed to meet by the Dine With Shamu pool. To my surprise it was Beckie a trainer who I grew up with. She was my true inspiration to working with whales. She walked me to the locker room where I got fitted in my wetsuit. It January and pretty cold outside. I got my believe wetsuit which I kept on all day until the One Ocean skin went over it. I also got fitted in my Christmas Miracles skin which I won't need until November. My Shamu Rocks wetsuit was my favorite because it was my favorite color...purple. I couldn't wait to start. I saw Beckie who waved me over. "Hey Paige, Im going to introduce you to the first whale your going to work with" she said. "Sounds great" I replied! I looked to my left and saw Presley holding Sumars fish bucket. This should be fun! I kind of smirked. Then Beckie received the whale that I would work with. "ORKID" I squealed. "I know she means a lot to you so I picked her for you" Beckie smiled and told me. "Oh my gosh Beckie thank you so much" I said almost in tears. "Come give her a rubdown and some fish" she waved me over. I stepped over the short wall onto the small platform. I got down on my knees and Beckie pointed Orkid toward me. I received and gave her a nice rub down then a handful of fish. "give her this signal" Beckie said. I knew exactly what the signal was and I couldn't wait. So I did the signal and I heard Orkid vocalizing. I looked up and there was Presley smiling and giggling a little. This was my biggest dream and it was finally coming true! Beckie and Lindy took Presley and me to the show pool to rehearse Believe and One Ocean. We would be performing in about a week. We rehearsed both of the shows and I memorized it. It wasn't that hard. All you had to do was find behaviors to go with the music and get the timing right.