Chapter 4

The roar of your engine dying down and the howl of the wind that rushed through the narrow streets, kicking cans and other rubbish up off the curb to create a commotion of Arthur Harrows community broke the silence that surrounded it. You dismounted your bike and navigated the deserted road to the large town house that was situated in the middle of the community a undercover police car was parked out front with the back door still open despite no one being inside of it.

You narrowed your eyes a little and continued up the steps into the decrepit building, tarp hung from the roof to protect from the outside elements it created a sound that scraped against your spine with each toss from the wind. Inside the building was bustling with life a rather stark contrast from the outside, a large projector was playing clips of multiple different animals going about their business.

The chairs in front filled with watchers that had headphones on despite the sound still playing from the speakers it echoed across the stone walls only to be swallowed by the bustle of people at the make shift kitchen. You ran your fingers through your pony tail before removing the hair tie allowing your hair to fall back to its original positioning after tussling it with your fingers again.

The smell of soup wafted your way and caused your mouth to water you hadn't eaten for a while and only noticed when presented with an opportunity. You walked past the kitchen and smiled to the lady behind the table trying not to stop and ask for a bowl yourself, perhaps once you had spoken with Harrow.

Harrow was sat a few rows away from you. His cane rested against the table and his arms were crossed on top the wood. There was a man across from him who seemed seriously out of place with how much he fidgeted it wasn't until you came close enough that you noticed it to be Steven. There was a hesitation in the body language between them as Arthur noticed you standing across from them.

"Steven. I'd like you to meet the Lady who made this all possible"

Harrow smiled as he motioned you forward with a nod of his head. You complied and walked over to the table to take your seat beside Arthur, hands pressed down on the table, a smile graced your lips before turning your attention to Steven in hopes he would return the smile. He didn't instead he caved in on himself more than usual and dropped the spoon he was using back into the bowl seemingly loosing his appetite at your presence. You tried not to be offended.

"Yeah. We've met before"

Steven grumbled his attitude turning rather hostile. His eyes refused to meet yours looking at the carvings in the wood instead just anything to avoid seeing your face again. Harrow nodded in understanding his hand rose from the table and placed itself on your forearm. You looked at Arthur then to his hand and had to stop yourself from yanking your arm back from his slimy grasp.

"I'm aware of that. After all it was me who asked her to check up on you during that...episode you experienced in the museum."

"You mean kill me"

"That's such a gristly word, Steven."

Harrow tutted and removed his hand from your forearm. Steven narrowed his eyes as he finally brought them up from the table and stared through Harrow. He couldn't believe Harrow was trying to justify the attempt on his life like it was something he had a right to do. He was an evil man Marc was right about one thing maybe they could even agree on it for once

"Look can I go now? I told you I don't have your bloody beetle. It's like I told those guys who came to my door and kidnapped me!"