Chapter 14

The morning tore through the white netting and coated the hotel room in a golden hue. The sight was enough to make you feel eternally warm like you could stay in this room and not have to worry about being exposed to the harm outside.

You sat yourself in the middle of the bed your back to Marc who remained asleep next to you. You thought back to last night and the events that unfolded to get you back here. Anton would no doubt have his security on high alert now and be taking a lot more precautions to ensure the safety of the Ushabti.

Then your mind drifted to Jake and how your interactions with him came about. Your eyes glossed over as you zoned out trying desperately to chase the memories again wanting to almost drown in them. You were still pissed at Marc that much was clear but you had came to the conclusion it wasn't Steven or Jake's fault. You shouldn't hold it against them for it.

The bed shifted underneath you but it wasn't enough to bring you out of your day dreams. That movement stopped and you jumped a little when you felt his hand on your thigh, arm looped around your waist to trap you there. You sighed and blinked as you came back from where your dreams had taken you and peered to where the hand was resigned.

The unimpressed look stayed scrawled across your features as you and Marc both stared at each other. His eyes more sleepy than usual as he had only just opened them and his hair was a complete mess, the want to drag your hands through it in an attempt to make him look presentable was growing more and more prominent the longer you kept eye contact with him.

"Marc?"

You questioned wanting to make sure it actually was him before you violently ripped your body away. He nodded instead of speaking and hid his face in the small of your exposed back. The warmth of his breath fanning against your skin made you squirm slightly. The tickle from his hair made you smile a little but you still didn't want to give in like this. His grip tightened around your mid section to keep you there almost as if he could sense you were about to run.

"Let go"

You stated as you tried to pry Marc's strong arm from around your waist. The hand on your thigh tightened and pressed his fingers into the exposed flesh. You hissed a little at the slight sting of pain and kicked your leg out making him dislodge his hand.

"Marc. I'm serious"

You warned him and the man behind you waited for a couple of seconds. He was relishing in you as much as he could before that much needed conversation would take place. He removed his arm and you could have sworn you heard him whine as you pulled yourself away from him and stood at the edge of the bed instead of laying with him again.

Marc blinked a little and rubbed his face in the blanket beneath him in an attempt to remove the gunk from his eyes. He really hadn't wanted to have this conversation as he had just woken up but there was nothing he could do about it. It needed to happen.

The sleep that laced his voice made the way your name sounded addictive. The slight crack he had when pronouncing it and the deeper tone was enough to make your legs weak.

"I'm sorry"

"Sorry isn't enough this time"

You shrugged and folded your arms in front of your chest as you looked down at the man. He looked up at you in return. Marc slipped himself into a seating position so he was sat on the edge of the bed in front of you. His feet on the floor and his elbows on his knees as he listened to you not taking his eyes off of you for even a moment.

The constant sight of his eyes on you made you feel small like you were the one in his naughty books. You weren't in the wrong here yet the simple gaze that examined your body was enough to almost convince you that you were.