𝐈𝐈𝐈.

"Tch." A guard followed Laura into the dining room of the lush Greek villa. She flaunted a tank top and boxers provided by the mafioso after a long warm shower. Without her usual facial remedies for night outs, she appeared as though she had been sleeping for months with traces of mascara and eyeliner around the eyes.

Vito hovered over a chair that he pulled out as courtesy, but this all appeared to be bribery to her. Massimo was nowhere in sight, but she wished he could have been there to witness the rebel as she pulled out another chair, glaring that deadly piercing gaze she'd held permanently in all of their presence. Vito cocked his brow and simply sighed through his nostrils before taking a seat into it instead.

There was a plate stacked with 3 or 4 blueberry pancakes. Scrambled eggs blended into a wonderful mound of melted cheese with sausage garnished over by chives. There was spinach and cherry tomatoes dribbled with feta cheese. Toast and a choice of two different jams she could choose from. It was colorful and there was no way in hell she'd reject it, but damn them all for kidnapping her. How dare they treat her like royalty.

"How is-"

"So tell me," she interrupted Vito in the midst of him asking the condition of her arm, "he says he plans to change my mind," her eyes looked everything over once with the tip of her tongue pressing the inside of her cheek, running it down between the trench in front of the bottom row of teeth and behind the lower lip, "and then disappears." Laura sat back and stubbornly folded her arms over her chest. A part of her fought the impulse to pick up the fork and dig in as if it were an average breakfast she'd made for herself, but this was all a form of betrayal if she accepted it. She tried her best to swallow the saliva that had instantly accumulated without making it obvious she was starving. "Is he dealing drugs or something with someone? Visiting a girlfriend?" The last part didn't need to be implied, revealing envy towards a woman that was a figment of her imagination.

Vito chuckled lightly and shook his head. Ah good. A positive single trait does exist. Now that she looks closely at him, she could see the dominant genes of the Torricelli family in his facial features.

"Massimo is on the premise of legitimizing the family business. That's all I am going to say." Vito's grin fell and his expression fell serious as he met her gaze with a similar ferocity. She had no business insulting their Don, but he had to remember she fought on the complete opposite side.

"You mean that is all you are allowed to say. Like a good boy." She added, a jerk of her shoulder along with a conniving grin was meant to piss him off, belittling him of his rank, but Vito was proving to reveal a tough hide. Italian men were known to have those traits.

"Eat." He gestured his chin towards her plate, taking the pitcher of water he poured himself a glass and brought it to his lips. That reassured at least that it was safe to drink. Laura shoved off the chair and reached for the pitcher to pour herself a glass and finished it in seconds, entertaining Vito. She put the empty glass down with a clunk then folded her arms again, returning to her same prior stance.

"I'm not hungry. I need a phone so I can have you all arrested for kidnapping."

"You need to eat or I will take the repercussions. Massimo is known for his temper." Vito clasped his hands in front of him resting both arms on the table and caught the untamed valkyrie averting her gaze towards the door. "Laura, don't make this difficult."

"Oh, please." Hazel green hues narrowed and saw through the bullshit. She knew she wouldn’t get very far from them, but it was worth a shot to make a scene and gain someone's attention. "It's probably all drugged or poisoned. What looks beautiful on the outside can be ugly on the inside."

Vito pursed his lips then rolled his tongue in between them.

"The men who shot my uncle that day. Do you know the reason?"