𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈.

Massimo didn't mind splurging his wealth on her. The duration of the days she used his card to enjoy days out with Olga the previous weekend during her visit, he trusted her to use it wisely. And she did. Laura had the opportunity to show off she was his Queen, and she did it at a decent price. Vito was even pleased she didn't blow through the thousands he had in the account. On the contrary she barely put a dent in his pocket.

He neither would have cared if she purchased anything without his knowing at least until he set his eyes on it. It would be then he would learn his lesson, but she deserved to be spoiled rotten. She wasn't given that luxury before and she needed to stretch her wings.

The Cosa Nostra queen was truly becoming her. She challenged Massimo in many ways and this was going to be one where her King had to take on one battle out of the many that would come.

One evening prior to an engagement that was business related to her knowledge, he turned at the sound of her approach. His grin fell as soon as it came and brows knitted when he set eyes on her dazzling outfit then shot his orbs towards her smile. Oh, she knew he would disapprove and yet she was keen to disobey the voice inside her head.

"No." He shook his head, snapping his finger and pointed back towards the room. "When did you buy this? You never showed this to me." He strut towards her and ran his hand up her outer thigh, lifting the dress until his fingers brushed along the crease of fabric making sure she was at least wearing undergarments underneath, but had she made the wrong move, bent down too far, she would be broadcasting all of what belonged to her mafia king. And he disapproved. Especially with the captivating shimmering effect it gave that would draw everyone's attention. She may easily persuade him with a flick of her ponytail and that gorgeous diamond cut face pleading that he let it go. She was stunning and he would happily show her off, but this look was too much for him to handle with that controlling and unhinged nature of his.

"Come on, Massimo. We're already late." She tilted her head slightly and pouted, puckering her lips as she dragged a hand down his arm, looking him over in a dark gray pencil suit.

"Laura." His tone came firm, but not too demanding. Vito wasn't present that evening, but Finaldo would be at the gathering. He would easily blame Massimo's tardiness on Laura and technically his accusations would be on point.

She puckered her lower lip out and spoke sweet words to him that coaxed him to finally give in. The poor devil bent to her will that easily.

However when they arrived at the night club, he was on edge while she was a beacon in contrast to her brooding King. The bass was felt through the asphalt outside of the club where a line waited to enter. As VIP, his entourage passed through without hesitation when he nodded towards the bouncer, eyes holding authority receiving a respectable nod in return after they were given passage.

He slithered his arm around her mid back and possessively held her against his side. Surrounding them was a barrier of men guiding the couple towards their destination to a flight of stairs that led up to the private room of a VIP lounge where their guests awaited them. And yet another challenge for the Don to come face to face.

Plumes of smoke hazed the air from expensive Cuban cigars and a mix of cigarettes. Women in skimpy lingerie danced to entertain a few of the men. Finaldo stood from their booth and greeted Massimo with a handshake, bringing him into his chest to mutter something in Italian in his ear. There were times Laura couldn't stand that, but she often did the same. It gave her time to do a quick glance around the room, and it struck her: she was thrown into a pit of criminals.

A gentleman in a light gray suit stood and took Massimo's hand and kissed the back of it, forcing Finaldo to back away and put on a forced grin along with a smack to Massimo's back.