𝐗𝐕.

Going to the lounge managed to relieve Laura from a bit of her stress, but she still had one more day before she could either leave back to Italy or stay in Poland. She was still indecisive on what she wanted to do. Massimo hadn't called her. Vito still chose to leave her in the shadows even without answering her text messages. They were nothing outrageous, just simple questions to ask if Massimo was OK. After two days with no answer at the start of the week, she had no choice but to make her decision that night. For now, she'd allow her responsibilities to be forgotten. If staying away from Massimo meant jail for the rest of her life, then it was going to be one hell of a year.

Olga and Laura danced the night away as free spirits. Nothing, not even life held either of them back. Laura had a single drink that didn't sit well with her and stuck to fruit non-alcoholic drinks so she could continue to enjoy the night choosing to ignore the signs.

They settled down after a few hours at the bar where Olga asked for her fifth cosmopolitan. She reached over the counter and sought out an orange and proceeded to auck on it when the bartender suddenly appeared and offered her a different drink.

"[That guy over there bought it for you.]" He gestured his thumb at a gorgeous gentleman who nodded towards Olga.

"Mm." She eyed him from where she stood, pulling out the orange from her mouth then took a sip of her previous drink.

"Uh-uh." Laura murmured, taking a sip of her water as she eyed him as well and didn't find him a good match for Olga. Or it was just that it wasn't Massimo. The Italian King infested her sense of reasoning anymore.

"Mhm." Olga knocked back her drink and took the new one up. She faced Laura and gave her a peck on the lips, a bright smile, and left around the counter to greet him. Laura sighed as she watched Olga give her a small wave, arm locked with her new boy toy for the night. Looked like Laura would be going to her suite alone. She didn't have plans to sleep with anyone. Not when her expectations were high when it came to good sex. And no one could replace her king.

She set her glass on the counter and pulled away, nearly knocking into someone that stood purposefully in front of her. She looked up and was repulsed at who she saw.

"Laura?" Martin spoke softly, nervous. He was in awe of her latest new look, giving a dainty smile that made her ill instantly.

"[Don't.]" She brought up her index finger giving him precaution that she would rather have never seen him ever again. Nothing in this world would make her want to go back to him and the empty love life that they had.

"[You look… great.]" She shoved past him not trying to hear any of his bullshit. After all that time, he didn't bother even to try to get in touch with her or find her. "[Laura, please listen to me.]"

"[How did you know I was here?]" She jabbed the elevator button multiple times, agitated to no end. With Martin, that was an automatic switch.

"[I didn't! It's just a crazy coincidence.]" He chuckled nervously, and didn't try to stop her, but instead followed her inside of the elevator. "[I just want to talk.]" Laura threw her hand up for him to keep his distance. He was making her feel claustrophobic and could only hope the elevator would hurry up to get her to her floor.

"[There is nothing to talk about.]" She felt the presence of his hand lightly fall onto her shoulder, but she immediately took his index finger and snapped it back in a fluid maneuver he could never have escaped.

Martin hollered and slammed back against the wall holding his hand to his chest.

"[What the fuck, Laura!?]"

"[I told you there is nothing to talk about. I went missing for over a month, motherfucker. A month! Where the hell were you? Fucking another whore? I don't care. Stop following me. There is nothing left of us!]" The doors dinged and Laura strode out, searching within her clutch for the room's key card.