𝐗𝐈.

Surprisingly, Laura slept at his side that night. He offered to sleep on the couch that appeared just as comfortable if not more than the king, but she wished that he'd lay with her instead.

Massimo was in and out of sleep after Laura left his side that next morning. He awoke lying on his back, feet atop of the sheets ready to get out of bed, and was immediately captured by the sight of bright red. As always, Laura turned him into an awestruck fool. She looked incredible. For a moment he watched her in silence with a grin when she caught him staring. She was at the bathroom counter tidying up her hair when she looked at him through the mirror and smiled as he came up towards her.

He slid his hand along her side and landed a sweet kiss on the opposite side of her neck.

"You look beautiful." He glimpsed at her front through the mirror taking all of her in.

"Thank you." She turned her head and was graced with a kiss by her charming Italian. She turned her head the other way and watched him undress before starting the shower. It pleased him to notice she was watching. When he finished, Massimo trimmed down his beard, shaping it out with finesse then put on a pair of red shorts to match his goddess paired nicely with a polo white shirt.

"So what is this surprise?" He felt her presence standing behind him. To the encasement of her loving arms he rubbed her forearm looking back over his shoulder with a smile at her curiosity.

"You'll have to wait." He chuckled. She had never seen him in sandals. If that didn't give it away along with all of the rest of his attire, he'd jokingly tell her she was getting rusty with those supposed hawk eyes. He had yet to put them on, but it would give her a hint that it would be a beautiful outing with magnificent scenery.

"About Olga coming to stay, will you allow it? I was hoping to make plans for her to come soon. She can keep me company while you're away." He turned with her hand being taken by his and gripped it gently in return then knit his brow.

"That's fine. I can have a room ready for her to stay here if she wants." As long as Laura trusted her, he was fine with it. After 2 months, she earned that privilege. He wouldn’t dare keep her away from anyone and was more than welcome to have trusted friends visit.

"Thank you." Her grin shifted into a bright smile as he gave the back of her hand a kiss. She was still getting used to his chivalric ways.

✦✧✦

They were driven to the marina where a large white luxury yacht awaited their departure

They were driven to the marina where a large white luxury yacht awaited their departure. Laura tread the port and stopped mid stride when she noticed the most extravagant one at the end, sitting lonesome, was where they were headed.

"[Holy shit.]" Massimo held her hand as they walked the pier and came to a halt, looking back to find her gawking at the boat. Three of his men came along for the trip adorned in suites. As security just in case. He would rather be prepared than caught by surprise. They stopped behind Laura, keeping safe distance.