𝐗.

The day of his eldest God son's birthday, Massimo roamed the picturesque courtyard during a phone call on matters of his schedule for the next coming days. On the opposite end was the voice that would have been to Laura's disapproval. A woman, but she was not a threat. The Don had a particular taste.

Plans were in the making to take Laura out somewhere nice for them to enjoy on a little private getaway that she was entirely unaware of. It would be a surprise among many others he had lined up.

Laura spectated through the glass. Last night played over in her mind and she realized a man didn't typically hold out this long. She was playing hard to get, but he didn't give up the chase. She was fortunate he was persistent. At first she had been upset with him leaving her in the state that he did, but she was depriving him of relief. There wasn't much contribution on her end aside from teasing him relentlessly. That would have to change. And she believed she was ready.

Today she would see through his eyes, a grand part of his life. 'Hopefully that phone call isn't business,' she thought to herself. Her distant mind placed work behind her and she for once truly chose to think about her happiness. What she wanted didn't involve making work a priority anymore. What she wanted was the Italian piece of work that ruled over all of her dreams.

"Massimo?"

At the sound of her calling him through the open glass doors, Massimo twisted his torso to give her a quick wave then hung up the call. He made his way back towards the home.

Viri was in the living room cleaning off the fireplace mantle when he returned inside wearing a casual dark grey short sleeve shirt and white dress pants. He met her at the door and wrapped his arms around her waist, feeling her  along her sides then leaned in for a romantic kiss. She moaned into his mouth with a desperate hand raking through luscious curls towards his crown.

"Let's go. You made us late." He mocked, but the call had rolled over longer than it should have. His assistant liked to chatter more than he liked.

"Who was that?" She asked not wanting to upset him being upfront of a matter that could escalate. Her hands drew down his chest, tugging lightly at the front.

"My assistant. I was discussing my schedule for the next two weeks. Are you ready?" He gave her a glance over. Laura nodded, not making any comment on the subject. She knew of his assistant and though she was gorgeous, there wasn't much to be said further on the matter.

"I would like to bring Olga to visit. When you have time, I would like to talk about it." Massimo passed his hand up and down her arm and gave her hopes with a light nod.

"Of course." He seemed hesitant, but his answer confused er. They were already late. She truly couldn't decide her current peach colored sundress and a burgundy one.

✦✧✦

Vito's home was quaint for a family of four on a nice plot of land that had a pond on the property. There were cars parked all along the length of the driveway and a few guests overflowed onto the grass. A few of their family came from Italy while all of her family came from Korea to celebrate their eldest, Jin's, birthday.

It was somewhat extravagant for a child's birthday, but when money was bountiful, anything was possible. There were multiple children's festivities such as a massive air slide, pony rides, a small colorful carousel, and an animal balloon performer were all present along with a few other activities. Jin had a large playground built for him and one day would be a whole new world to his smaller sibling who sat upon his mother's hip when she came to greet Massimo and Laura.

She wore a traditional hanbok of soft pink on the bottom portion of her outfit with a white top. Her black hair was up intricately in a dragon's braid. To Laura's eyes, she was unbelievably gorgeous.