𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈.

The two of them sat beneath the canopy of an old tree in front of a small bakery outlooking the marina. Looks were deceiving at this vacation outing appearance as if there weren't a war commencing in his name. Massimo was still healing, but he was getting stronger by the day. Especially now with his Queen by his side, and he was aware of the extent of her situation to where she kept the fact she had a year before they stripped her of her humanity. They could definitely try.

This was Narnia inside of Massimo's world. No one would know they were there, and it felt amazing she could take a breather for once since obstacles were thrown at her all within the past week. But this war was her doing. It was a subject Massimo took all accountability for because of the mutilation of the man who pointed his gun at the love of his life.

She sat caddy corner from him staring in adoration at this man, his arm protectively resting across the top of her chair as he stared off towards the marina. They would be setting off out to sea for a day in a massive yacht similar to his back in Italy. Vito and his generals were making preparations under his orders. He was back in the game, and making sure everyone felt the scorch of his rage.

He looked down at the table, first noticing Laura's plate was partially finished of half an omelet left behind. She grinned when she continued to stare in order for him to catch her on purpose.

"Did you want something else?" His voice easily soothed her worries, but she wasn't ditzy enough to think everything was alright. However, nothing would stop her from basking in every moment she had with him.

"I don't want to get sick on the boat. It was delicious. Thank you." She pushed the plate towards the edge. Massimo thought that was strange of her to give as an excuse, but didn't dig into it and let her be.

Her grin dissipated, and guilt took hold of her. Under different circumstances, she would have been the happiest she's ever been just by being with him, but she thought about the events that would be taking place. He was taking her away to keep her safe. Meanwhile men who were fathers like Vito, and brothers were risking their lives all for the sake of the Torricelli name.

"Is there any way I can make this right?" She asked a question that may have been just as useless as the existence of bothersome flies, but she wanted him to be aware this was not ideal as far as vacation went. Perhaps that had been another factor of why she couldn't finish breakfast.

Massimo stared at her through his glasses, then removed them so she could see the sincerity. He wouldn't put on a mask to hide anymore. She was aware of most of the going-on's behind the scene.

"No." His head shook meaning there probably was, but he wouldn't allow it. Epifanio was after blood; a choice far more appealing than a simple 'sorry.' "Don't think about it. Don't feel sorry about it. I made that decision because I was blind. And stupid." Laura was surprised he said it. It sounded like it originally may have come from Vito.

"If I wasn't so desperate to be a part of your life, you would not have taken me." Massimo straightened up and leaned into her, setting his glasses on the table.

"I wanted you to be involved. Things happened that night that were not meant to. We cannot change that. You thought wrong, but you did it to protect me. And if it was a gun, you would have saved my life. We make mistakes, Laura. Epifanio wanted a reason. I gave it to him. Not you. Me." He lifted his hand and lightly pinched her chin, then tilted his head and united their lips. Laura gripped his arm lovingly, her moan reverberating softly in his mouth.