𝐕.

Lithe, diligent fingers containing single gold rings on each hand tapped lightly away on a thin laptop that she observed subtly at the corner of her eye. If her wrists hadn't been bound by a belt and restrained within a seat belt like a child, she would have reached over and thrown the device in retaliation. Even while thousands of feet in the air she was found to be a threat.

"Am I going to be like this the whole way or what?" She finally broke the silence between them, but his men seated behind them had background noise on the television along with a game of poker taking place on the table with solid dollar bills that took a shit on the average blue-collar weekly paycheck.

Massimo flicked his gaze over the screen then shot them back down to finish responding to an email before gently clasping the laptop shut. At least he wasn't the type to abuse his electronic devices when he had the funds to easily purchase ten of them within a day if he wanted. He set it in the empty seat to his side then clasped his fingers relaxed within his lap, one leg propped over the other. It was somewhat intimidating that his attention was all given directly to her. Even more so when his gaze shifted and took her overall appearance, taking in all of her natural beauty through process, but his expression remained seldom as if she hadn't peaked his interest towards how desirable she truly was.

There was also the enticing scent of his cologne that wafted in the cabin along with his tidy swept back hairstyle that appealed to a magnitude of the average woman's desire towards physical attraction. He cleaned up nicely finishing the look in a dark red button up and black dress pants with not a single speck of dirt on polished dress shoes.

"This past few days, I've given you freedom. Maybe too much. You have a habit of trying to take things that don't belong to you. Getting into fights." His voice made it difficult to keep up her composure. She inhaled through her nostrils in her attempts to keep the upper hand, but this man was compromising her capabilities with his entire existence. "Little by little I will give it back until I decide you can be trusted." He parted his hands and rested the left arm on the armrest, bent at the elbow with a relaxed raised hand erect as he brushed the thumb lightly along the side of his index finger, looking for confirmation she understood such a simple demand that she lay to rest her attempts to get in contact with headquarters. It was pathetic that even during rides he would have her door and window set to child's lock so she couldn't get out on her own. In his audience, her door would always be opened by another anyway which wasn't entirely a terrible stipulation she would be given no choice, but to accept.

As expected, there was still a wicked uncontrollable flame that stirred inside of her. Rebellious. Infuriating, but undeniably attractive to the mafioso. There was a sliver of truth in his eyes that could have easily been overlooked when she didn't allow her glare to linger longer than a few seconds, but she knew what he was capable of. The two, in proper terms, were at checkmate.

"Why this way? Why couldn't you just have invited me out for a casual dinner? Instead you take the extra mile and do it like this and expect me to bend at your will because you were afraid that I was getting close." Laura caught the mafioso entirely off guard. He wasn't expecting this much of a handful, but she was proving to be a worthy opponent.

"It would not have been appropriate because of our... opposite career paths." His other hand rested over his ankle of the leg he propped horizontally over the other. "I would have jeopardized your entire investigation. If one of my men came to me and told me they were intimate with a police officer, it would be a problem. This is a problem. More than what is being dealt with on your part, but there are also... discrepancies on mine. They," the index finger to the hand risen craned back lazily to gesture to his militia, "disagree just as much as you. However, I have the authority. To make ridiculous moves as you say, like this." His grin was charming, but now wasn't the time for her to fall for such antics. He spoke with more intelligence than she had anticipated.

"Very thoughtful of you to take into consideration jeopardizing my reputation. My life's work, [you sexy motherfucker.]" She gnashed her teeth towards the end in spite with her tone escalating. She whipped her head forward revealing a pout that made him arch his brow in retort. A shame he didn't speak Polish.

"Don't test my generosity." There were repercussions when Massimo's patience was tested. He was showing Laura more kindness in the last month than he had since his father's murder. He'd made amends with being given responsibilities at such an early age when he wasn't ready to takeover as head of the family, but Massimo would have made his father proud as he's placed the focus more on investments in properties and business management while slowly pulling away from the old news of guns and drug smuggling. He'd leave that to the Latinos and they were doing a good enough job of keeping the money flowing well enough to keep the government satisfied.

"Don't tell me what to do." She muttered. Massimo held his scowl though a smirk. She still had fight in her left, and that appealed to him more than she knew. Though he wasn't fond of disobedience, there were ways to tame it that made it pleasurable for both of them.

"I was told you were wandering around my room. Did you find what you were looking for?" Laura wasn't prepared with an answer, but it wasn't difficult to come up with a viable excuse.

"Exploring. I'm on vacation after all, remember?" He knew something was false about that smile she turned and gave him. It held mischief. Oh and the sarcasm, of course. She rolled her eyes, unable to look at him for long. The man was like cheap bath salts to an addict.

"You used the master shower for what reason? I was also told that the duvet had to be washed." Laura inched her gaze towards him with a tinge of horror. 'Does he know?'

"What?" She gave a dramatic shrug of a single shoulder. "Am I not allowed to use your shower?"

The corner of his lip twitched into a handsome smolder of a grin. 'He can't know.'

The dark prince set his foot down on the tile floor and leaned forward, adjusting his shoulders as he situated his elbows onto his knees. His eyes never faltered. And she couldn't steer them away. Mesmerized by his alluring sin. The Goddess Themis even raised her blindfold.

"What were you doing in my bed, Laura?" Her heart palpitated, a cold sweat accumulated between her breasts. Her lips parted and eyes sank to the motion of his hand landing gently on her thigh. Her back stiffened, eyes rolling upwards as she felt his touch crawl near her site of worship by an unclaimed king. It didn't go unnoticed that she even moved her hands slightly off to the side to allow it. She hungered for this very moment.

Her jaw unwound from tense muscles as his palm squeezed her inner thigh and kneaded it. She was at a loss for words. Until common sense buried by lust was awakened.

'Laura, don't.'

"Stop." She breathed, screwing her eyes shut feeling both want and despair all at once. She couldn't make this easy. 'Ugh, why not?'

When she opened her eyes, his hand gingerly receded. For someone who had the upper hand, it came as a surprise he even listened. She gasped for air inaudibly, realizing her breath was being held by anticipation of that sweet touch. He was close enough to feel her heat, and her legs hadn't been bound, but it was her word that held him in place. Her chest rapidly rose and fell, cheeks flushed.

"We'll be landing in about half an hour." He glanced at his watch then set both hands on his thighs before standing. She was eye level to his groin. And noticed the impression of his cock. A devil in disguise. "Welcome to [my home.]" He grinned before strutting off. Taking that monstrous thing for a walk to cool down. Laura swallowed and blinked in disbelief, keeping her gaze forward. A chill jolted up her center all of a sudden. 'If he doesn't kill me with a bullet, his dick might.' Laura pressed her hands between her legs and raised her feet on her tiptoes far apart, arching her back to feel the seat belt constrict against her breasts. He would break her in more ways than just one.