EPILOGUE

The boys walked up slowly; their hands joined together as the large marble slab came into view.

The sun was just beginning to set, the sky an orangey-pink color, the clouds appearing a pale blue.

They approached the slab, it's smooth gray surface shining in the warm light. Hundreds of names were carved into the stone, like a page out of a book, the slab was filled with the names from top to bottom.

Soobin took a breath and squeezed their hands as they stepped up to the surface.

Soobin ran his finger against the stone reading the names as he slid down. He stopped on the name he was looking for.

"KAI KAMAL HUENING"

Soobin sighed pressing his palm flat on the slab.

"hyuka..." he whispered pressing his forehead to the slab.

"we're here hyuka, we came to see you, sorry for the wait." He smiled even though his heart was aching.

Yeonjun stepped up next to him.

"hi ning-ning, it's been a long time, how are you? Are you up there making everyone smile? I know they all love you huh?" yeonjun choked out biting his lip as water filled his eyes.

"we have something to tell you hyuka." Soobin said before he took yeonjun's hand interlocking their fingers.

"me and yeonjun are a couple now." Soobin smiled as tears fell down his face.

"and...and beomgyu..." he took the youngest's hand.

"beomgyu is my brother now."

Beomgyu stepped up.

"hey kai, don't worry I'm not taking your place, these guys will never love anyone more than you." He chuckled weakly as he squeezed soobin's hand as tight as he could.

Yeonjun choked out a sob and buried his head in soobin's shoulder.

"we're all doing well now ning-ning. You don't have to worry about us." Soobin said with a squeaky voice.

"we...we love you kai. We love you so so much. Your sisters and parents love you too. They're all together again, your parents made it bud, they all made it..." soobin could barely keep himself together but needed to tell kai this.

After a few more minutes of them just staring at kai's name, they said their goodbyes and moved over a few feet.

Beomgyu stepped up to the slab while yeonjun and soobin stepped a few inches back.

Beomgyu ran his hand along the stone until his hand stopped just as soobin's did.

"taehyun-ah." he started.

"it's me, i...I made it baby..." he took a breath and pressed his forehead to the stone, his eyes closed both hands pressed to taehyun's name.

"I miss you so much taehyun-ah. I miss you every day...I miss your smile...I miss...I miss your laugh and the way your eyes squinted when you smile, those little lines by the corner of your mouth appearing. I miss your hugs and your cherry blossom perfume, I used to make fun of it but...but now it's...it's all I ever want to smell taehyun-ah...i...I want to hug you again...i....i want to hear your voice and...and feel your body against mine."

His eyes were full to the brim with water, he let his tears fall as he pressed himself against the slab.

"I know we...we never got to do the things we wanted, never got to take that trip to Europe...never got to skip class to go to the beach...or sneak up to the rooftop to watch the stars. But taehyun-ah you made every single day of my life an adventure, you made me endlessly happy...you...are the person i...I love taehyun-ah."

He broke off into a loud sob, his knees buckling underneath him sending him crumbling to the ground.

Soobin and yeonjun rushed to kneel next to him, soobin pulling beomgyu into his lap. He didn't say anything, he just held him.

"I love you taehyun-ah! can you hear me? I love you!!" he cried his shaking hands gripping onto soobin's shirt.

He cried for a few minutes until his tears stopped.

Soobin softly pushed his hair behind his ear and leaned in to whisper to him.

"let's go home hm?"

Beomgyu nodded against soobin's chest.

Soobin wiped beomgyu's cheeks and helped stand him up wrapping his arm around beomgyu and interlocking his other hand with yeonjun's as they stood and looked at the slab once more.

"we'll be back guys." Yeonjun smiled before they turned around and walked down the grassy hill just as the sun finally set behind the horizon