Chapter Twelve

As the two got to the main room of the lodge, the doors swung open. (Y/N) ran over and saw Emily running inside. She slammed the doors behind her, looking through the blinds.

(Y/N) didn't want to scare her, seeing as she was already upset, but no matter what, he knew his appearance would upset her. "Emily," He said, in as gentle a voice as he could muster.

She turned around. Her eyes immediately widened. "What... the... fuck!?" She nearly yelled, going for a punch.

"Shh!" (Y/N) said, catching her fist. She swung the other hand, but he caught that one, too. "Emily, it's me!" Before, (Y/N) and Emily weren't very close. She was very popular in school, unlike him. He often wondered how they even became friends in the first place. Hopefully she would trust him.

"Uhh... yeah! I see that!" Her gaze moved over to Josh. "What the fuck? Again?"

(Y/N) was confused. "What's wrong with Josh?"

"He's supposed to be dead, too!" Emily shook her head. She took a deep breath and tore her hands from (Y/N)'s. "Whatever! We have bigger problems. Something is out there!" (Y/N) was surprised. She didn't even care? No questions about how he is alive? What happened to him?

(Y/N) nodded, deciding to ignore his own thoughts and focus on the task at hand. "Was it tall? Pale?" When Emily nodded, he sighed. "Fuck... Okay, that's a Wendigo. You need to get somewhere safe. Come with me, both of you."

"A Wendi what?" Emily repeated.

(Y/N) didn't respond. He led them up the stairs and up to Hannah's room. "Hey! I know I told you guys not to open up, but I've got two more friends to hide."

There was no response. (Y/N) was a little proud, even if it was annoying. Wendigo's could mimic voices. The friends didn't know that, but at least they were prepared not to trust anyone's voice. Emily rolled her eyes. "Ugh! Come on, open up! Didn't you guys see what was out there!" She slapped the door a couple of times. There was a bunch of noises, then the door opened.

"Emily!" Sam smiled, welcoming her inside. Emily pushed past her and into the room, combing her fingers through her hair and fixing herself up. Sam's smile dropped as soon as she saw Josh. "Josh...? How are you...?"

Josh sighed. "It was a prank... A really, really, fucked up prank." He smiled a little. "Did I get you?" (Y/N) was, perhaps, the most confused one here. What prank were they talking about? His mind wandered to the dummy he had found earlier. Maybe that's what they were talking about.

Mike was angry. "A prank? Are you fucking kidding me?" He went up to Josh, their chests nearly touching. "Jessica is dead! What kind of prank is that?"

Josh looked confused. "D-Dead? Jessica? But I didn't-"

"You fucking killed her, dude!" He yelled, stabbing a finger into Josh's chest. The man flinched at the contact, but stood his ground.

"No! I-"

"Enough!" (Y/N) yelled, standing between the two. "It wasn't him, Mike. It was the Wendigos. Not Josh." Josh wasn't an actual killer. He... He was something, but (Y/N) knew he couldn't have killed her. If the two had went to the cabins, it was likely a Wendigo had gotten to them.

Mike scoffed. "Yeah. Those 'creatures' that we haven't even seen."

"You haven't seen them! You're lucky." Emily spoke up. The group turned to look at her. "They're terrifying. One even bit me." Emily showed them the bite.

"Oh my god..." Ashley whispered, looking at the marks. "Oh my god!"

"What? What!?" Emily asked, Ashley starting to freak her out. It hurt, but she could ignore the pain.