Chapter 2 - The Roh-Hatz

"She looked into the window, and then peeped through the keyhole; seeing nobody in the house, she lifted the latch".

Two figures, breathing heavily, sprint across the lawn of a house toward the front door. The door window is smashed allowing a hand through and unlock it. A dark haired man and a blonde woman enter with flashlights in hand. Checking the area, the couple turn right down a hallway as they pass underneath a wooden carved animal head.

The couple, Kyra Schmidt and Brody Rogers enter an expensive and beautiful kitchen. Kyra exclaims in amazement and asks "why weren't we born rich?" as she opens the fridge and examines the shelves of various luxury foods inside. "Because our parents didn't have money" replies Brody as he selects an expensive bottle of wine from the stocked shelves. 

Kyra and Brody, now dressed in the owners clothes, drink wine and joke about going on their yacht, while sitting in front of the fireplace. Throwing their glasses in the fire, Kyra runs up the stairs laughing as Brody follows. Entering a bedroom with walls and shelves decorated with frightening looking masks and antique pottery. Falling onto the single bed entwined, Kyra moves away and gets up with Brody following again. Entering a bedroom, Brody collapses onto a bed calling for Kyra. Kyra appears, clothed in a rich, expensive fur coat and hat. Opening the coat revealing only pink underwear on beneath, before jumping on top of Brody. 

The house, now with lights on is shown, a carved bestial totem pole in the headlights of a vehicle. A SUV with multiple spot lights and a dead deer tied on the hood pull up and stop at the house.

Kyra suddenly sits up upon hearing the arriving vehicle. Brody cuddles her, assuring she must have made a mistake. Kyra insists he check the window, looking down, Brody spots the SUV and tells her they need to leave quickly. Kyra instructs they should go out the window rather than the staircase and proceeds onto a small balcony and over the railing to land in a heap onto the ground. Yelling to Brody to "hurry up", he is suddenly pulled backwards into the room. Sounds of fighting and cries of pain are heard as shadows of a fight are the only thing Kyra can make out. The sounds continue as Kyra runs across the lawn to the pickup as indistinct figures chase her. Getting into the vehicle, Kyra slams down the gas pedal and races away down the road away from the house.

A Doctor, holding medical paperwork, enters a room where Nick Burkhardt is seated on the end of an examination bed. He tells Nick that the results show an enzyme in his blood stream normally associated with spider bites and is lucky he didn't get a higher dose or it would've paralyzed his lungs.

Walking down the hospital corridor Nick tells Hank that a few toxins were found in his blood but will be okay. They continue to Marie Kessler's room and are informed that they need to stabilize her, for they can't afford for her to slip back into the coma and he should visit again tomorrow morning. Captain Sean Renard joins Nick looking into Marie's room, and confirms the details of the attack. Confirming he has the security tapes on the way to the prescient, Hank and Captain Renard walk away with Nick following.

A video tape of the hospital corridors and rooms is being played, split screen. Nick is seen entering his Aunt's room, Captain Renard asks when the last time Nick saw his aunt. Nick replies with "a couple of years maybe, I don't know what she's been doing". Back on the video tape, a young blonde woman in a doctors white coat enters Maries' room. Mick stands up and confirms that she is the attacker. Since she is seen from the back it's hard to ID her, so Renard leaves the room. Hank asks "What did she do to make so many people mad?" Being interrupted by an officer informing them about a DUI person he stopped who has a weird story about her boyfriend being attacked. Her name being Kyra Schmidt. Nick and Hank roll back in their chairs to see her better. Nick gives a quick description about her to Hank. "Grown up way too fast, single parent if she has one, takes way too many chances and looks for excitement in all the wrong places". Nick and Hank stand up and approach Kyra.