9

Nah'Riyah

It was Sunday night and Dre decided that he and I should go on a date tonight so I was currently getting ready. I put on a sleeveless blue shirt with the words Shine Bright in black and a black jean vest on top of it, black ripped skinny jeans, my blue and black Jordans, with blue and black bangles, my cookie monster phone case and my blue and black I Am The Greatest snapback. I was looking hella cute if I do say so myself.

Dre texted me and told me he was outside so I grabbed my keys and ran downstairs, kissing my parents before going outside and hopping in his 2015 BMW M6 with the butterfly doors.

He looked me up and down before smiling and kissing my lips.

"You look good baby" he said.

"I know" I said flipping my hair. "So do you"

"Girl I never not look good"

"Never not? Are passing English class? Cause if so I might need to talk to Ms. Edwards"

"Haha so funny"

I laughed. "So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise"

Oh God. I hated when people said 'it's a surprise' because it made me more anxious to know what the hell was about to happen.

We drove for a good 30 minutes before I started to see lights and rides along a strip.

"OH MY GOD DRE!!!! YOU BROUGHT ME TO THE FAIR" I said happily.
He laughed.
"Yeah baby I heard you telling Chyna about how much you wanted to go so here we are"
"You're the best boyfriend ever" I said kissing his cheek.
"I know this"
We got out of the car and walked onto the fairgrounds. Dre paid for us to get in and bought about 300 tickets. Once we were in he grabbed my hand as we were walking past all the kiddie rides.
I loved coming to the fair especially at night when you could see all the lights.
"Amya would love this" I thought aloud. Dre looked at me as if telling me to elaborate.
"When we were younger me, Amya, Chyna, and AJ would always come to the fair" I laughed "He was always too little to get on the rides. We'd play games, ride the ferris wheel, get in the bumper cars and just laugh and have fun" I gave him a sad smile. "All those years ago if someone were to ask me where I'd be now I would've said with my two best friends Chyna and Amya. And part of me wishes that she could come back but I know she's in a better place"
Dre wrapped his arm around me.
"Babe I don't want you to think about that tonight. We're here to have a good time and make memories. Block out everything else just for this one night. Okay?"
I nodded and he kissed my forehead as we kept walking.
"What do you want to do first?" He asked me once we got around to the bigger rides.
"Let's go on the Dream Catcher" I said excitedly.
He laughed. "Ain't no way in hell I'm getting on that shit"
"Aww baby dont be a bitch" I snickered.
"Never that girl I'll watch from here"
"Aight. At least be useful and snap some pics for the gram"
"I gotchu"
When I got off the ride Dre smoothed out my hair and we went on a few more rides before we went to play the games. Of course he wanted to play basketball and he won me a giant purple bear. It was huge. Like HUGE.
"Can I have a funnel cake?" I asked.
"You don't want no real food?"
"No nigga I want a funnel cake the fuck"
He punched my arm. "Watch yo mouth lil nigga"
"Ow. I'm tellin my daddy you hit me. Lil bitch"
"So? Ima tell yo daddy you out here cussin like you grown"
"I am grown nigga" I laughed.
"If you so grown buy yo own funnel cake"
"But Dreeeeee I wanna spend your money" I said laughing again. He just shook his head as we walked over to the food station.
It was a fat white man working the truck.
"Can I help you?" He said with an attitude. I rolled my eyes. Like damn I didn't make yo ass apply for this job so you better put a smile on yo face fuck you mean.
"Umm can I get a funnel cake-"
"With EXTRA powdered sugar" I added. Dre just looked at me like 'nigga really'
"A funnel cake with EXTRA powdered sugar and two corn dogs with two lemonades please?"
The man made our food and rung it up.
"That'll be $14.72"
Dre paid for out food and we went and sat at one of the little picnic tables.
"Are you enjoying yourself?" He asked before biting into one of his corn dogs.
"Yes. Its like the ultimate perfect date."
He looked at his watch. "It's only 9 we still got time to do other stuff."
"Nah after this I wanna go on the ferris wheel and then we can go home"
"You sure?"
"Yeah nigga I said it right"
"Okay Nah'Riyah"
After we ate we went and stood in line for the ferris wheel. We talked and waited for about five minutes before we were allowed on.
We scooted close together and he put his arm around me as the ferris wheel moved slowly.
Once we got to the top fireworks started to go off. That along with the carnival lights was beautiful sight to see. What was even more beautiful was when I turned to meet Dre's lips.
It was the perfect kiss and the perfect ending to the perfect date.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Chyna
Things have been kinda hard for me without Amya here with me. She was my big sister, my backbone, my ace boon-coon.
Malik has been really helpful through this whole process but its not enough. I need to see my sister again.
I looked at the acetaminophen that my mom kept in the bathroom sink. As I thought aboyt it I could hear Amya calling out to me.
My parents wouldn't be back till tomorrow afternoon.
Finally I grabbed the bottle and and turned on the sink. I opened the bottle and poured a bunch of them into my mouth before cupping my hands under the faucet and drinking the water.
Afterwards I went into my room and went to bed.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
The Next Morning
Malik
I'd waited for ten minutes after the bell for Chyna to show up to school but she never did.
When lunchtime came I went to Nah'Riyah.
"Hey Ya-Ya have you seen Chyna today" only I can call her Ya-Ya so don't even think about it.
"Nah I haven't seen her since Saturday. Why what's wrong?" She asked looking panicked.
"Nothing I hope. I haven't seen her and she isn't responding to any of my text or calls. I just have this gut feeling like something's not right"
"Well let's go over her house maybe she stayed home" Dre said.
"Nigga we can't just leave school"
"Nigga its only lunch and plus we have P.E next. We'll be good" AJ said.
"Aight man let's go. I just need to make sure she straight"
We all piled into Ya-Ya's truck and headed to C's house. Her car was parked in the driveway so we knew she was in there.
Ya-Ya knocked on the door for like five minutes but nobody answered so she just used her key. She should've been did that shit.
"CHYNA" she yelled. No answer.
"AYO C! YOU HERE?" AJ yelled. No answer again.
I caught an eerie feeling. Something was not right about this.
"Ima check her room" Ya-Ya said.
She went up the stairs and a few seconds later we heard her scream at the top of her lungs. Me, Dre and AJ went to see what was up and Chyna was just laying in the middle of the bed.
"She's not breathing Dre. What's wrong with her she not breathing" she cried into his chest.
I went to check her pulse and it was barely there.
"Yo we gotta call an ambulance. She barely alive" I said.
Ya-Ya pulled out her phone and failed the ambulance before telling them what was wrong and where she lived at and hanging up.
"They said it'll be twenty minutes" she said.
"Fuck that we dont have twenty fuckin minutes" I picked her up and carried her outside to the truck.
"Ya-Ya throw me your keys" she nodded and gave me her keys and me and AJ sped off off to the hospital while she and Dre drove C's car.
"Lord please do not let my baby die on me. Not today.