19

Jay in MM

Alonzo

I was in an empty room and squinting my eyes trying to figure out where I was. Everything was white and peaceful. I liked it.

"What's happening with you man?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned to see Quinton in all white with angel wings attached to his back.

"Q?" I asked making sure it was really him. He nodded and gestured to a chair that I hadn't noticed before. I sat down and looked up at him and he seemed disappointed.

You know you wrong right?" he asked me.

"Wrong for what?"

"The way you acting towards your wife. I never seen you treat her like that man"

I sighed and put my hands in my head.

"Honestly, I don't know what's going on with me, with Nah'Riyah being raped and then you dying, my mind hasn't been right. I haven't been thinking clear"

"And so you blame her? The one who's being rocking with you through everything? That's not the way to do it"

"I just feel like, if we had waited on letting her, she probably would have never gotten involved with that C nigga and none of this shit would be happening"

"Look bruh, if y'all would've been strict on her like that, she would've rebelled against y'all and probably ended with someone worse behind your backs. Your marriage is falling apart because of this bullshit and I don't think you notice how on edge she is now because of this. What happens when she gets tired of your shit and divorces your ass" he said and I sighed knowing damn well I'd fell apart if she ever left me.

"Aight bruh, I hear you" I said.

"I don't need you to hear me, I need you to fully grasp and understand what I'm saying my nigga"

"I understand"

"Aight good. But look, some shit is brewing. There's a war on it's way to y'all, and I need y'all to be prepared for it" he said getting serious as fuck.

"A war? What you mean?" 

"I mean watch y'all backs down there. There's a snake in your camp and threatens to tear down the organization and the family. Keep your eyes open man."

I nodded understandingly.

"Tell my wife and daughter I said I love em, aight" he said touching my shoulder.

"No doubt homie" I said and he disappeared. 

I woke up on the couch in our room and Shantay was peacefully sleeping in our bed. I sat there for a while wondering what my dream meant and whether or not I should be worried. After a while I got in the bed with Shantay and wrapped my arms around her before kissing her neck.

"You done being an ass" she said sleepily and I laughed.

"I am. And I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you for the past few days. I've just had a lot on my mind.

She turned to look at me and smiled. I kissed her lips and she rubbed the side of my face.

"If you ever treat me like that again I will cut your scalp off and fry it and make you eat it" I laughed and kissed her again.

"You don't have to worry, I won't"

She smiled and turned back over and we both went to sleep.

*