15

Nah'Riyah

It was Thanksgiving day and to be honest I wasn't even in the mood for anything. I'd gotten beaten and raped and lost, my uncle all in matter  of 15 minutes. To top it off this crazy ass nigga CJ still breathing and ain't no telling what that nigga got planned.

I knew that tonight's dinner was gonna be quiet and awkward because we had to attend yet another funeral on Sunday. I know my dad took it the hardest. He hadn't come out the room or even talked t anyone, not even mom. AJ came in my room and sat on my bed. He didn't say anything just stared off into space for a bit.

"I'm not gone cry cause real niggas don't cry, but honestly I can't help but feel some type of way"

"Cause of Uncle Q?"

"Yeah. I mean like I lived that nigga like a second dad you know? And now he gone. No homo shit"

I shook my head and laughed at him.

"So what we gone do Riyah?" I shrugged.

"What can we do? Honestly we can't do nothing. He gone. We can't bring him back"

"Not that. I'm talking about CJ. That nigga ain't gone get away with raping my sister and getting my uncle killed in the same day"

I nodded in agreement but honestly I didn't know what the hell to do.

"We don't even know where he at. Trust me, I want that nigga head just as bad as y'all do, but it ain't like the nigga location just gone fall into our laps" I said to him.

"SITTING AIN'T GONE DO SHIT EITHER RIYAH! I'M TIRED OF MUTHAFUCKAS THINKING THEY DO WHAT THE FUCK THEY WANT TO MY FAMILY WITHOUT IT BEING CONSEQUENCES!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. He was such a drama queen.

"Look AJ, the world doesn't work the way you want. Say we do find him. What you gone do shoot the nigga in broad daylight?" I asked.

"Hell fuckin yeah"

"No nigga. This type of shit takes time and planning. If we do it we gone do it right, aight?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah whatever" he said before walking. I got up went my closet. deciding what to wear today. I shrugged and decided on a black and white house dress and let my hair down. My phone beeped and it was a text from Chyna.

CeeCee- we on our way boo

RiBaby- aight

I walked downstairs and nearly pissed on myself when I saw my father fully dressed on the couch. He chuckled.

"Did I scare you?"

"Yeah you did" I said walking over and sitting next to him. "How you feeling?"

He sighed. "I'm still upset, but I understand that it's apart of the game we play" 

I nodded and laid my head on his shoulders as we watched my mother put the finishing touches on the food.

"Baby could you come set the table?" she said to my father. He rolled his eyes but got up anyway to do what she asked.

I heard a horn beep outside and looked out the window to see Chyna and Malik walking up the driveway. I got up and opened the door for them. Chyna was looking gorgeous in her black blouse and brown pencil skirt. Malik was in his usual jeans and t-shirt.

"You could at least tried to look nice for the dinner" I said to him while I hugged Chyna.

"I look nice in whatever I wear. No need to try Yah-Yah" he smiled and I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug before letting them in. They went into the kitchen to speak to my parents and phone rung. It was Dre.

"Hey baby, what's up?" I said smiling into the phone.

"Just wanted to let you know that I'm on my way" he said.

"Oh okay, you could've texted me that" 

"Yeah, but I wanted to hear your beautiful voice"

"Aww" I said blushing.

"STOP CAKING ON THE PHONE!" Malik yelled from the kitchen and stuck a bird at him. Dre chuckled and said he'd be here soon.

Next thing you know everybody was showing up. Ms. Tracy, Auntie Nelle, Hakeem, Alexis, Tiana, Ms. Jaylin and her husband and even their kids

"Hey my beautiful goddaughter" my godmother Regina said hugging me.

"Hey Gi-Gi" I said kissing her cheek. "How's Cali?"

"Oh it's just wonderful. You've got to come visit me and Daryl sometime" she said and I smiled at her before walking over to my aunt.

"How are you?" I asked her.

"I don't know" she said staring off into space. "How should I feel? The love of my life died and my daughter died not even three months ago. It's like I don't have anymore tears to cry. Like a dull pain in chest, ya know?"

I nodded my head. I felt the same when my grandma died. She gave me a small smile and kissed my cheek and going into the kitchen. Just as I was about to sit down the doorbell rung and I groaned before going over and opening the door with an attitude.

"Damn baby you not happy to see me" Dre said chuckling and I smiled.

"Of course I'm happy to see you" I said pecking his lips and letting him in. "I was just getting tired of opening the door"

"Cause you're a lazy little witch except with a B instead of a W" AJ said coming from up the stairs and sitting next to Alexis.

"You're not even funny dumbass"

"Say it a little louder so mama can hear you" he said and I rolled my eyes. He get on my fuckin nerves.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Kelsey

I sat at the gas station with Ms. Kisha waiting for some unknown nigga to show up.

"Who are we waiting for again?" I asked her.

"My younger brother, Calvin. He's gonna help us with our little plan"

"Really, how old is he?"

"He's 19, almost 20"

"And how is he gonna help us?"

"He had information on them that can help us and just like us he has a beef to settle with that little bitch and her family"

I nodded as an all black Cadillac CTS pulled up next to us. The door opened and the first thing I saw was a pair of cocaine white forces and my mouth dropped once I realized who it was.