11

Dre

"Hello?" Nah'Riyah answered when I called.

"Baby I'm not gon be able to make it to the park, ima need to come through and pick me up though"

"Why what happened to your car?"

"Man, Kelsey bitch ass wrecked my shit" I said getting mad all over again.

"Fuck you mean she wrecked it? Wrecked it how?" she asked sounding angrier than me.

"She busted out all my damn windows and sliced up all my tires then had the nerve to leave a not talking bout some if I can't have you no one can"

She blew air out of her mouth. "Im getting real tired of this ho. Where she stay at? We gon go over there"

"She stay over there in Overtown Projects"

"Damn she live in the fuckin ghetto and shit. They bet not fuck with my car"

"Girl just hurry yo ass up and come get me"

"Don't be cussin at me. Yo black ass will be walking"

"Aight man just come get me please"

"Okay I'm on my way"

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Malik

"Aye she coming?" I asked Dre.

"Yeah she on her way now"

"Aight then. Ima go see about Chyna" 

"Aight fool be sure to keep me updated" he said dapping me up.

"I got you bruh"

I walked for about 15 minutes before I reached the hospital. I walked over to the desk to sign-in.

"Who are you here to see?" the lady asked smiling hard at me.

"My girlfriend" I said coldly before walking off to Chyna's room.  When I got there I was shocked. I aint never seen her so.... vulnerable looking. She had all types of wires and shit coming out of her. Her hair was fucked up and matted, her face looked nasty, and she just looked dirty.

"Hell nah babe, they got you fucked up."

 I took off my jacket and placed it on the chair before going in the bathroom and getting a face rag. I put water and a little bit of soap on it before proceeding to wash her up. I made sure to hit every nook and cranny of her body before getting another wash rag and washing her face. I tried to comb her hair the best I could while she was laying down and she was finally starting to look like my C-Baby again.

I smiled at my work and sat in the chair just watching her. Her breathing was heavy and uneven and I couldn't stand seeing her like that. I wasn't gon leave though. I wanted her to know that I was always gon be here for through thick and thin and through life and death.

"Mr. and Mrs. Malik Chambers forever" I said aloud.

*

*

*

*

*

*