12

Nah'Riyah

It had been about 3 weeks since we wrecked Kelsey's shit and since I beat her ass and we hadn't heard from her since. Chyna hadn't been doing any better either and it was bumming out the whole family. It was Friday the end of the day and the last day before Thanksgiving Break and everyone was buzzing about where they were going and what they were going to eat.

 I hadn't been very fond of thanksgiving ever since my grandma (AN: Shantay and Chanelle's mom) died last year. We all would go over her house and have a family feast. The whole family would be sitting at her long table telling her about the craziness in our lives and now with her and Amya dead and Chyna in the hospital it just won't be the same without them.

I was at my locker when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Hey baby what's up" Dre said into my ear. I closed my locker and turned to face him.

"Hey" I said pecking his lips. He must have noticed my somber mood.

"What's wrong" he asked holding my hand walking alongside me.

"Just not looking forward to thanksgiving"

"Why, cause Chyna sill in the hospital?"

"Not just that. My grandma died a few day after thanksgiving last year, and Amya's death is still fresh on everyone's mind. It just won't really be Thanksgiving anymore without them, ya know?"

"I feel you baby, but Thanksgiving is about being thankful. So be thankful that you're still here. You got your mom and dad and brother who love you more than anything, Chyna still here and we know she not going anywhere" he grabbed my face to make me look at him. "And you got me baby"

I smiled and kissed him again. "You always know just what to say"

"I know" he said laughing.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Malik

Chyna was still in the hospital. She wasn't doing worse but she wasn't doing any better though. I came in here everyday to make sure she could at least hear my voice. I missed seeing her smile and hearing her laugh. I missed kissing her and showing her off to everybody.

At that point her mom walked in.

"Hey baby" her mom said hugging me.

"Hey Mrs. Hartford" I hugged her back.

"She still not doing any better huh?" she asked.

"Nah. Doctor says she been responding to the meds and shit but other than that nothing has changed"

"I hate seeing her like this. It brings back memories of when Ari was in the hospital."

"Who's Ari?" I asked confused.

"She was Amya's mother. Quinton was with her before I came back to Miami. She died a while ago from breast cancer"

"Damn" I never knew Chyna and Amya was half sisters.

"You think she gonna make it?" I asked with my voice shaking a bit.

"Of course. She's a Powell. We're too strong to let anything take us before we're ready. I'll see you later baby" she said before kissing Chyna's cheek and walking out of the room.