The Decision

*Tris's POV*

I looked at the former healer, Rose, and felt apologetic for asking her to be here. She quit being a healer after what happened with Alyssa, she didn't want to go through that again. She blames herself for Alyssa's death, because she couldn't keep her sane, and properly restrained. She also knows I wouldn't have asked her here if it wasn't important.

I looked at the girls laying on the cots then back to her.

"I need you to take over for Kristen." I said blankly, "she needs to look him over, he probably has a concussion." I say nodding my head to the side at Aris. Rose looked between us and then at Kristen before looking back at me.

"I'll take the boy." She said with a huff, stepping forward. She brought her hand up to his chin, tilting his head up, looking at his eyes in the light. "what'd they do anyways?" She asked, not looking away from the boy as she continued to examine him. I sighed in response, bringing my hands to my hips, and shifting my weight onto one of my legs.

"That bad, huh?" She moved to examine the back of his head while speaking. "Well he has a concus- oh what the finch?!" She exclaimed.

"What will you need?" I asked calmly, at the ready to race for anything she needs.

"Water, rags, and a suture kit." She listed. The moment she started to speak, I started moving. I swiftly moved to the drawers where the rags were kept and pulled out four of them. I spun on my heel and moved to a cabinet, pulling a small box out along with a small bottle of rubbing alcohol. I set them on the counter beside them. I looked at Aris who was staring back at me.

"I'll be right back." I said to him, I watched as he visibly tensed. "You'll be safe here, Rose won't let anyone else touch you." I told him reassuringly.

"No one will touch him." Rose said glancing up at me for a moment, I nodded to her in thanks. Then I turned around and ran out of the door, I was determined to be back as soon as possible. The trip wasn't very long and I brought extra water for the other healers, too.

I quickly walked through the doorless, doorway only to be met with the backs of Harriet and Ximena. I sighed and pushed past them, gaining their attention.

"What the hell happened?" Ximena hissed, she was pissed. "They attacked Aris and tried to abduct him from the brig before I arrived." I said, my voice brimming with annoyance. I didn't turn to face her when I spoke either, I think It pissed her off more.

"So what?! You decide almost killing them is the answer?" Harriet's words made my head snap towards her when she spoke. I set the water jugs down, never breaking eye contact with her.

"So what?" I mimicked, my sudden shift in voice caused Harriet to flinch back slightly. She knew I was mad now, too. I took a slow deep breath before speaking, trying to contain my anger.

"Outside." I growled "Now."

When Ximena, Harriet, Sonya, and I were outside of the hut, I was the last to exit. The moment I was outside I raised my voice.

" 'So what?' Harriet, really? They attacked him, cracked his fucking head open actually, and you don't even care!" I yelled, my voice caught the attention of the other dryads. They stopped working and slowly moved towards us the listen to the argument.

"You're right, I don't care! He's not one of us!" Harriet yelled back gesturing to the hut behind me.

"He's innocent!" I snapped back, I was mad enough I wanted to smack her in the mouth to get her to shut up.

"You know the rules!" Ximena interrupts, her voice matching our volume. "You hurt another dryad, unprovoked. What were you thinking?!" Ximena's words were like knives on my skin.