eleven

Billis's Pov

It's been 3 days since the last time I've seen Reign. I wonder what happened to her? I know I shouldn't been thinking about her but I'm still curious. Did I hurt her?

Yes you did.

I shook my head and sighed deeply. I'm supposed to be focus on my works for today and not be bothered about her feelings or thoughts regarding to my upcoming wedding.

I arranged my files and left my office. As I walked outside, I can already see Maverick whose been leaning against the car's hood while looking at his wrist watch. He looks so handsome today. I approached him with a sweet smile on my face. He looks up to meet my gazed and he automatically smiled at me.

"What took you so long?" He asked me while guiding me towards the car's door.

"I finished some stuffs." I answered him while smiling. He only nodded and I entered his car. He went to the other side and sat down in the driver's seat.

He started to drive and my thoughts flew somewhere else again. I know I shouldn't be affected but maybe these things really happened and it is normal especially when you crossed path with your ex.

The drive was silent and luckily Maverick didn't asked me anything. After an hour of drive, he parked the car. We both exited and he reached his hand for me. I held his hand as we both entered the house. The maid greeted us and we walked towards the living room.

"Oh you're here!. " Mom greeted us happily. I smiled at her and let go of Maverick's hand to give my mother a hug.

"I missed you mom." I whispered while burying my face on the crook of her neck. She chuckled and rubbed my back.

"My little bean is always clingy. I miss you too sweetie." She said as she gave me back the same amount of embrace that I've been missing a lot. We pulled away and she also gave Maverick a welcoming hug.

Mom led us towards the dining room. She prepared my favorite dish and I'm happier to see my Dad came by to our house today. After having our lunch, we all went in the living room. Today, we decided to tell my parents about my upcoming wedding. I sighed deeply and made my composure as I begin to speak.

"Mom? Dad? Maverick and I wanted to tell you something." I said as I smiled at them. My mom sat down beside me and gave me a warm smile. While Dad just hummed in response cause he's busy in reading his newspaper.

"What is it?" Mom asked me. I looked at Maverick who seems unbothered . I shrugged it off and turned to looked at my mother.

"Maverick and I, we're getting married." I confessed as I smiled at her. Dad suddenly stop reading and put down his newspaper. He looks surprise and Mom just held my hand and smiled.

I stood up and answered the call. It was Mrs. Robinson. She is a designer and a model from Paris and she's one of my dream client. I was feeling excited and nervous at the same time. I turned to looked back at my parents and Maverick. They seem to have a serious talk so I decided to focus on Mrs. Robinson.

"Hello Mrs. Robinson?"

"Hello Miss O'Connell. how are you?"

"I'm fine Ma'am. How about you?"

"Well, I'm also fine and I want to get straight at my point. I want to congratulate you."

"Why do you want to congratulate me?"

"I will sign the contract with you. So can I meet you next week? Is Saturday is good?"

I think I will faint anytime and I was smiling like an idiot after hearing this news. I inhaled deeply and replied to her.