seventeen

Reign's Pov

After Maverick and Billie left, my dad came back into his attitudes. I loved him as my father I always looked up to but he had changed... a lot. Especially when he lost his company and we put in big debts which he's in fault but I manage to pay them all. I hope Dad can see me now as a responsible daughter and a person whose been doing her best to give what is best for her own family. But still, he was blinded by his fallen ambitions.

"How long should I pay for my mistakes Dad? I felt so embarrassed because you don't have to ask Maverick for some help regarding to reconcile an appointment with your previous investors." I tried to explain in a calm tone.

"Stop with your own insecurities and embarrassment. Have you ever think about it when you ruined your wedding day with Abby huh?! And what should I get embarrassed of? I'm just asking for a favor to Maverick. Just this one. His father and my investors known each other. And if my own child won't be able to help me, maybe someone could help me to do so." Is he serious?! Dad just break my heart again by his harsh words. He never gets tired of blaming me and everything that I do seems to be a disappointment and mistake in his eyes.

He moved his wheelchair by himself as he left me and my mom. Why does people loves to walked away from me these days? I almost cried because I felt so small and at the same time hurt. He's being too much. My mom approached me and comfort me.

The next day, I went to Hale enterprise to talk to Maverick. I don't want to ask him a favor but I also want to help my dad as well. He led me inside the conference room and I followed.

"You don't have to be worried Reign. I already talked to my Dad. He will helped your father and besides it was just an appointment. He told me he will manage to set a meeting for your father's investors." He said to me with an assurance smile. Maverick is really a nice friend and a businessman. I'm sure he can be a great husband for Billie.

"But, Maverick... It's truly my dad's fault why he lost those investors." I sighed as I said it.

"Reign everybody deserves a second chance. Maybe your dad has changed this time."

"I hope so. Well, anyway thank you for today Maverick." I stood up and we shook our hands.

"You're welcome."

"Oh by the way. What happened about the revisions of the designs and Polaroids yesterday? Billie supposedly send it to me today so I can make adjustments."

"I'm sure she hasn't finished it yet.I don't know what is wrong with her. She doesn't seem to be herself lately." Maverick answered while looking at me directly in the eye. What could this stare means?

"I'm starting to lose my patience in her." He added and I furrowed my brows. If I was him, I will never get tired to understand Billie.

I remained silent as Maverick sighed..

"But anyway, I will follow up and I'll inform you okay?" He tapped my shoulder and I nodded at him. I left his office and walked in the hallway. I'm starting to get worried for Billie. What is happening to her lately?

It's been a week since the last time I talked to Billie. I kept my distance to her just like how she want me to. I also stopped stealing glances on her even though I know how much I badly wanted to see her beautiful face.

I have a feeling that I should talked to her now. If she keeps pushing me away, I won't let her do it again not this time. I hurriedly went outside the building and went to the parking area. Luckily, I saw Billie walking by. She looks so stunning and at the same time having these fierce look that can cut my soul.

"Billie?" I called her. She suddenly stopped walking as she looked up to see me.

"I just want to--" I didn't finished my words since she already walked passed by me.