New Song

Y/n entered his room in a hurry and grabbed his earphones. "Y/n? Will you eat lunch? Mom made something delicious," his sister Seulgi asked her. "Um, I already ate lunch, but I'll come down in a minute." Y/n opened his Soundcloud and saw his ex made another song. Apparently, Jungkook forgot to block Sooyaaa from Y/n's account. Its song is titled, "Clarity." Somehow he felt a special connection to the song, but he ignored it. However, something's urging him to listen to it. "Ah! I'll eat lunch first." He went downstairs and joined his family at the dining table. "Sorry for waiting for me."

It was silent noon nobody has courage on bringing up a topic. Seulgi knows something's up with Y/n and Jisoo, and his parents may have gotten the signal too. "Seulgi, how's college?"Their mother asked. "Everything's fine. I think I did well in my finals." "I'm so proud of my daughter" "Mom, you know that my passion is for music, right? When you do want to achieve something you love, no hardship will hinder your way. I really like Applied Music."

Seulgi's words somewhat repeated in Y/n's mind. When you do want to achieve something you love, no hardship will hinder your way. He wants to be with Jisoo, he'll admit. But, why is it so hard? He knows Jisoo doesn't love him anymore. Did Jisoo ever love him? Is everything they've been through just young immature love?
"My daughter is going to be a great composer someday!"
Y/n choked the second he heard the word composer. He remembered Jisoo, how she would come to their house to listen to her newly composed song, and how he gave her the nickname Sooyaaa. How he's tempted to listen to that Clarity track and he's been dying to know whether or not it's for him. Every single bit of his memories with his composer. It's because Kim Jisoo composed the melody of his heart.

---------------------

Y/n went outside, once again savoring the summer day. This time, however, he does not feel the same feelings he felt a few hours ago. It's as if it's starting to get gloomy and dark. But the truth is, it's just him. He feels that the sunshine, as opposed to being with him earlier, is moving in a different direction. In fact, everything seems to move, no matter what direction it is, except her. As if he's stuck to the past. To that day.

He moved on already but he realized that he was not. When he's saying the word Jisoo, or Sooyaaa, or anything related to her he pretends he doesn't care like he's casual with it. His heart still skips a beat, Sooyaaa really made an impact in his life, but the girl left him with his heartbroken as if she crushed his heart with her own hands and kept the pieces in a jar that's either on a super high shelf or in a super far and deep ocean. It just hurts.

If someday they would meet again he does not know what to feel. Probably at that time Sooyaa has someone else, he would use her real name, and Y/n will just be that bittersweet memory of the past. But what if Sooyaaa wants him back?

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●