FORTY

☆ ☆ ☆

It had now been a week since Laia had come back to England and a few days after Chelsea had played Tottenham away, coming home with a 3-0 win with goals from Silva, Kanté and Rüdiger giving the blues another 3 points.

Today the whole Chelsea team were around Mason's house, minus the alcohol as they all cringed thinking back to last week's night out which may or may not have ended with half of the team getting absolutely plastered. Mason and Laia were sat next to one another on the couch outside with everyone sitting around them, Laia had decided last week that she wouldn't hide her feelings for Mason anymore and he was going to do the exact same thing with both planning to tell each other about their feelings tonight.

Kai stole Mason from Laia to have a quick talk about what was going to happen tonight since the whole team were rooting for them both to get together, seeing as they would carelessly flirt every single training and meet up they would both attend. The team wanted to see the two together, especially Reece and Trevoh who knew that the Chelsea boy had always been head over heels for her but was too afraid to admit it before she left.

"Are you going to tell her tonight?". Kai whispered to Mason for nobody to overhear their conversation.

"I mean better late than never, no?". Mason replied with a nervous laugh as his hands would sweat at the thought of admitting his feelings to the girl, he found it shocking how this was 10x times more nerve racking that playing in front of 40,000 people every weekend.

☆ ☆ ☆

"So are you going to tell him?". Soph whisper shouted to Laia while they were both in the kitchen grabbing something to drink.

"Shh he might hear you". Laia stared wide eyed in horror at her friend.

"Oh please, can you hear how loud they are? Kai and Timo's voices are loud enough for Mason not to hear you". Sophie laughed to herself as she poured herself some water in her glass and handing the bottle to Laia next to her.

"Well if you want to know so badly, yes I am going to tell him tonight. I could do with some liquid courage but I don't think I want a hangover tomorrow morning". She was as nervous as Mason was, maybe even more, she had liked Mason since she was young and the thought of telling him her feelings made her feel sick with nerves.

All of a sudden she was snapped out of her thoughts by the boys shouting outside which made both of them laugh as they both made their way back outside to the back yard, however Laia's steps stopped once she heard the front door bell ring.

"I'll get it!". She shouted in the boys' direction but mainly towards Mason since it was his house.

She walked in hurried steps to the door in order to not let the person wait to long and shouted a small 'coming' to let the guest know that someone was coming to the door. Laia unlocked the front door and froze as she met the eyes of someone who would be the one to ruin both her and Mason's goals for tonight.

"Laia who is it?". Mason asked as he walked up to her since she was taking a while, that is until he realised who was at the door.

"Gabriela?". He said towards his unexpected guest of the evening.

"Long time no see Mason". Gabriela replied as she walked up to embrace the Chelsea boy, leaving Laia confused and heartbroken at what she was seeing right in front of her.

"I'll let you two be". Laia broke the silence and quickly went to grab her bag before she went to the back garden to say goodbye to the guys in the back which left them all confused as why she wanted to leave in such a hurry.

"I love you all but I've got to go". She said quickly as she blew a kiss before she left. Laia was almost in tears as she slipped past the two former lovers who were in an embrace in order to escape the situation and go home, the tears were out of frustration and heartbreak as she felt stupid for ever thinking that it would work and she would finally be able to tell him how she truly felt.

As she got home and shut the door she finally broke down and fell to her knees with tears streaming down her face. She never thought she would react the way that she was, but she couldn't help it.

She liked her teammate and the thought of him with Gabriela made her heart break, she knew what she was going to do but this time she was going to stay exactly where she was. Laia was going to distance herself from Mason, since it was the only was she knew how to deal with her feelings and this showed that nothing had changed over the years.