Chapter 2

I woke up on the plane and heard the flight attendant say "buckle up we will be landing At L.A.X. In 2 minutes.

I look to my right and see Joe. "Morning gorgeous." he said as I blush. He had that cheesy grin that boys make to look cute except he failed miserably.

"What time is it?" I look out the window at the black sky being illuminated by the numerous city lights. It was beautiful. So many buildings. The ocean even at night was peaceful. I just might like it here.

"It's 12:33 A.M." He said chuckling at my shocked expression. "How are holding up?" I had completely forgotten why I was even flying out to L.A. Remembering the past few hours I began tearing up. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you cry." He hugged me in an attempt to comfort me. It helped a little but the wave of emotions was still there.

"It's ok you didn't mean it, I probably would have cried myself to sleep later anyway." The plane tires slid against the runway and we came to a stop at our terminal to get off. "Thanks for sitting with me, in some way it helped" he gave me a small smirk. Something about him, I don't know what it is, it seems dangerous, but comforting.

When we got off the plane at L.A.X. Joe walked and met his friends past security. I followed his path and as soon as I passed security I began to look for Cole. I kept looking when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Tense and scared I slowly turned around and his eyes met mine. "Riley!" he yelled embracing me in a hug and spinning me around.

"Cole" I choked out as I began crying. He held me tighter. I miss these hugs. The warm safe feel made me feel like I was home. He put me on the ground and smiled with tears welling up in his eyes. He hugged me again but quickly pulled apart staring intently at someone behind me. "What?" I said turning around to see Joe.

Joe cleared his throat and Cole grabbed my wrist and my bag and was about to pull me away, but I stopped him. I gave Cole a strange look and he let go of me. What was that about? I embraced Joe in a hug. "Hey man I'm Joe" he said to Cole giving him a wink and an evilish smirk. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Cole. He looked infuriated.

"Hi, Cole" they shook hands. "Riley we should go" he said grabbing my wrist again. Joe gave me a hug goodbye and handed me a folded piece of paper.

When we got in the car I opened the note and inside it said call me with his number at the bottom. I put his number in my phone and texted him so he knew who I was. "Do you even know who that was Riley?" He asked staring intently at the road. I thought about it trying to remember if I knew him.

"It's Joe the guy who comforted me in the airport, I just met him a couple hours ago" What is he getting at here, I mean Joe looked familiar, but that can happen with anyone.

"No Riley that is the Joe that bullied you all those years ago because you wrote in your song book, that's the guy I stood up for you all those times" he said harshly. So that's why he looked familiar, but he must not recognize me cause if he did I bet he wouldn't have comforted me.

"Well he must have changed cause he was really sweet and really nice" Cole just scoffed and shook his head. People change and maybe once I moved Cole didn't notice that he changed.

"Trust me he didn't change" he said giving me a stern look. I rolled my eyes and looked at the road quickly going under the car.
"Just stay away from him ok, I don't want you to get hurt, you have no idea what he is capable of" I rolled my eyes again and shrugged.

The rest of the ride was silent. Cole pulled the car into a hotel parking lot. "I thought we were going to your house, why are we at a hotel?"