Chapter 5

"Please stop" I said crying
"Why would I stop. Only weirdos write in song books." a familiar boy said.
"She isn't weird. You are and a bully. Believe it or not but lots of people write songs." Cole said standing up for me.
"You aren't always going to have him, Riley! And when he's gone your life will be miserable" the boy said.
*******end of dream*******
I woke up cold and shivering. I wonder who that boy was. What could this dream mean? Why did I have this dream?

I looked at my phone and it read 3:30 that meant I had 15 minutes to get ready and 15 minutes to get there. I quickly changed into ripped denim skinny jeans and a steelers hoodie with some yellow converses and I pulled my hair into a fishtail braid.

When I was done I walked out to the living room and towards the front door. "Riley! Where are you going?" Cole asked 

"Out" 

"Please tell me where" 

"I'm going to hang out with Joe"

 "I don't want you hanging out with him. I don't like him." 

"Well Cole news flash you don't choose who I can and can't hang out with." I said with as much sass as I could.

I walked out of the penthouse an into the elevator. I felt a little guilty for how mean I was but he deserved it. Why was he acting like that? Joe never did anything to him.

When I got to the park I sat on the swings and waited for Joe to show up. I went on Twitter scrolling through my timeline when I saw Cole post.

@ Coleim5: I wish she knew I was sorry. :(

I knew he was sorry it just hurt my feelings that he would say that. I guess I have to talk to him when I get home.

"Mhmmmmm" Someone cleared their throat and I looked up to see Joe smiling at me. 

"Hey" I said with a smile.

"Hey want to get some ice cream?" 

"Sure"

We walked down the street to a little ice cream shop. "Two vanilla ice cream cones please." Joe said. When the lady handed us our ice creams we sat at a table in the back of the shop.

All of the sudden the news came on the small TV hanging on the wall.

"The search is still on for Joe Shephard who lit a house on fire killing two in Mobile Alabama. He is 17. Height: 6'1", hair color: brown, eye color: hazel/brown. If you know the whereabouts of Joe Shephard please contact the FBI and the leaders of the America's most wanted list. He has been involved in many murders and robberies." the news reporter said.

I quickly looked at Joe and he looked at me like he wanted to kill me. "Say anything about this and your dead, Smith" he said sternly. I got so scared I bolted out of the shop and ran back to the penthouse.

I busted through the door and the boys shot up for the couches and looked at me worried. I ran strait to Cole and hugged him.

"Riley what happened?" Cole said hugging me back. 

All I could say was "Joe".

"What did he do?" Gabe asked angrily. 

"He was the reason my parents died! He killed them in the fire. He is also on the America's most wanted list for murders and robberies!" I said scared. I looked at the boys and they all looked shocked except for Cole.

"How do you know all of this?" He asked. 

"We went for ice cream and we sat in the back of the shop then the news turned on and the lady said all of that stuff and I looked at him and he said to me 'Say anything about this and your dead, Smith'" I said getting teary eyed at the end.

All of the boys pulled me into a group hug. "Don't worry Riley, I won't let anyone ever hurt you!" Dana said giving me a reassuring smile.

 "Why did he kill my parents? I don't even know him that well." I said

"Well actually you do" Cole replied. I raised an eyebrow at him telling him to explain more. "Remember when we were little and a guy always picked on you and pretended to like you. Well that was him." Cole said.

Shocked isn't even a word to describe what I was feeling. How could I not see through him. Why was I so stupid. The one time I start to trust someone quickly, he turns out to be a most wanted criminal. Gosh what's wrong with me?

"How about we watch a movie to take your mind off of it." Dana suggested. We all agreed at sat on the couch. They let me pick the movie so I went through them and picked the cheesiest disney movie they had. I picked Beauty and a Beast. They groaned but knew I was upset so they went with it.

I sat next to Dana and Cole. When Dana tried to get close to me Cole would give him a death stare. I don't really understand why he won't let him get near me.

After the movie we all just lounged around talking. "I'm gonna go to bed I'm really tired." I said half asleep. 

"Ok but wake up early because we are going to the fair." Will said getting excited. I nodded and walked to my room when I heard someone following me.

When I got to my room Cole walked in. "Hey, you know I didn't mean what I said in the car right?" He said looking sad.

 "Yeah I know. it just really hurt my feelings, you didn't have to go that far. I forgive you though." I said making him smile. 

"I know and I'm so sorry, I crossed the line. I thought you were really mad." Cole said looking happier. 

"I was but not anymore. Tell everyone goodnight for me." I said as I walked to my bed for a dream filled good sleep.